Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Newt Gingrich stiffs Utah 
    Rolly: Newt Gingrich stiffs Utah

By paul rolly

| Tribune Columnist
    First Published 6 hours ago • Updated 2 hours ago

Five Republicans have filed the necessary papers and $500 fee to qualify for the June 26 Utah presidential primary election, but with Rick Santorum dropping out of the race Tuesday, only four will be on the ballot.

Or possibly three.
    Newt Gingrich’s check bounced.

Utah Elections Director Mark Thomas said a designated agent for the Gingrich campaign brought the filing papers and a check for $500 in March, but the state was notified by the bank that the check had bounced. He said the office has tried to contact the Gingrich campaign through the telephone number and email provided on the application, but has not received a response.

Recently, the state sent a certified letter to the campaign, stating that if the fee isn’t paid by April 20, Gingrich will be disqualified and will not be on the ballot.
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politic...paign.html.csp
    Newt go home, nice try but it was over a month ago.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Newt is done, folks. The preordained match-up between Obama and Romney has officially begun. Everything between now and Romney's official nomination is but a sideshow. It's a done deal and has been for months.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

That's sad.
    I still like Newt but he has overstayed his welcome in this primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    That's sad.
    I still like Newt but he has overstayed his welcome in this primary.
    Sadly this isn't a dinner party. This is an election that will literally make or break America as a nation (Rock is right). If Romney is the guy, we had better make damned sure that conservatives maintain and increase control of the House and that we take a super-majority control of the Senate. Failing that, I think that we may be fucked.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Sadly this isn't a dinner party. This is an election that will literally make or break America as a nation (Rock is right). If Romney is the guy, we had better make damned sure that conservatives maintain and increase control of the House and that we take a super-majority control of the Senate. Failing that, I think that we may be fucked.
    He is a populist, if we make more noise than the libs and moderates he'll listen to us if they make more noise, well you no the game.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I've heard of Newt Gingrich,i read something about him being for information technology.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    I've heard of Newt Gingrich,i read something about him being for information technology.
    It don't matter now, his train done left the station.

Man, with ignorance like this, I sure hope you're not voting.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Man, with ignorance like this, I sure hope you're not voting.
    Sorry,was having a slight headache earlier today,but now it's gone.

Is that really the extent of what you know about Gingrich?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!