Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I fear it won't be fair in this case, that political exigencies will trump the facts. I fear that they won't be able to find a reasonable jury, but a jury of people with agendas. I remember the OJ jury. I lived in LA during that trial and I remember how the one jury member who thought he was guilty--an elderly white woman--was intimidated into changing her vote. There were stories at the time, but no one did anything. The system did not serve Nicole Simpson nor Ron Goldman nor the children who ended up in the custody of their father instead of their grandparents.

I just think we're going to see another one of these things.
    Sadly I agree with you, Elspeth. We have too many craven cowards in our "leadership", who are afraid of the mob and listen to the demagogues.

Obama and Holder have worked their "magic" on our country.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    And, if by the faintest of chances, he's found 'not guilty' of any charges brought, they will cook up some more and keep prosecuting.

It will only end in a guilty verdict or George's death, whichever comes first.
    No shot at him being found not guilty. The court and jury will cave in to political pressure and make sure this guy is guilty. All this does is embolden the race pimps.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I have absolutely no confidence in our justice system any longer. He was tried and convicted by the mob and the media.
    The trial is a formality.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

If the case went to a grand jury, he probably would of faced no criminal charges. It is a paradox. I wonder when the trial will start since he is now charged.
    Last edited by RedGrouse; 04-11-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have absolutely no confidence in our justice system any longer. He was tried and convicted by the mob and the media.
    The trial is a formality.
    At some level, this is all about getting Oblahblah re-elected, since he cannot do it on merit.

There is talk of forcing Zimmerman into a plea deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    At some level, this is all about getting Oblahblah re-elected, since he cannot do it on merit.

There is talk of forcing Zimmerman into a plea deal.
    I have a feeling he'll get his racial unrest, I think he wants just enough unrest to help him out on insuring the black vote and getting back his liberal white guilt vote.
    The problem is I'm not sure the genie will go back in the bottle so easy when he finishes with him.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

And if Mr. Zimmerman is found not guilty on the charges be prepared for the Rodney King riots part 2.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Power CUer
    Here's a site that tries to put a map to the timeline:

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-lineh...n-doubled-back

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    And, if by the faintest of chances, he's found 'not guilty' of any charges brought, they will cook up some more and keep prosecuting.

It will only end in a guilty verdict or George's death, whichever comes first.
    If he is found guilty and has to serve any time at all,
    it will be his death. Can you just imagine how long he'd
    survive with all the Black Panther types in prison.

I don't know which side is actually in the right here since I didn't witness it.
    But if I were on the jury based on what we know so far, there is more than
    enough shadow of a doubt that I could not convict him on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post

I don't know which side is actually in the right here since I didn't witness it.
    But if I were on the jury based on what we know so far, there is more than
    enough shadow of a doubt that I could not convict him on anything.
    And that is why it wasn't brought to the grand jury by the prosecutor, it would have fanned the flames if the GJ didn't indict. Zimmerman is being sacrificed to stop any potential riots. Is that really justice? Not in my eyes.