Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sharpton, Jackson to visit Tulsa this weekend 
    The Greater Union Baptist Church says Rev. Al Sharpton will speak at the church on Sunday. Rev. Jesse Jackson will speak at the First Baptist Church of North Tulsa on Saturday.

Jackson will also be in Tulsa on Friday for a noon meeting at the church on Friday.

Bishop Harold Jones of Full Gospel Family Outreach church told FOX23 earlier this week that Rev. Al Sharpton planned to visit Tulsa in the wake of the north Tulsa shootings.

Two men have been arrested in connection with the shooting deaths of three African American victims last Friday morning in a five mile radius in north Tulsa. Two others were injured in the shooting spree.

Alvin Watts, 33 and Jake England, 19, are being held on nearly $10 million bond each. The District Attorney's office says it continues to investigate and "if the evidence supports a [hate crime] charge, it will be filed." Hate crimes are considered a misdemeanor under Oklahoma law. Watts and England face three first degree murder charges each, and two shooting with intent to kill charges each.

Dannaer Fields, Bobby Clark, and William Allen died in the Friday shooting spree. David Hall and Deon Tucker, both men in their 40s, were injured.

FOX23’s Adam Paluka spoke with Reverend Jackson on Wednesday, and he congratulated Tulsa leaders for quickly apprehending Watts and England, but he says many black people still feel unsafe in Tulsa and in Oklahoma. He told Adam that is why he's making a stop at First Baptist Church of North Tulsa.

First Baptist Church of North Tulsa's Pastor hasn't found much time to sit down.

“The last six days have been a whirlwind,” Reverend Anthony Scott said.

When he did have a chance to reflect, Reverend Scott thought north Tulsa needed a place to heal and a place to look toward the future.

“We just talked about the need for some sort of community gathering to kind of foster hope,” he said.

The gathering will be on Saturday with Reverend Jesse Jackson speaking at the service.

“He could offer a voice of peace and calm and tranquility and assurance that all things are well,” Reverend Scott said.

When it was announced many criticized the decision saying Jackson has almost no connection to Tulsa, but Reverend Jackson says he is coming to Tulsa as an invited guest.

“I am coming to Tulsa because we are concerned, because we've been invited and people feel they need to have a connection and they do not feel secure,” Reverend Jackson told FOX23.

He says his message will be simple, “Whites should not kill blacks. Blacks should not kill whites. People should not kill people. We must learn to live in civilized relationships.”

Reverend Jackson hopes who ever is in attendance Saturday leaves feeling better about their future in our city.

“I would hope that citizens in Tulsa and in Oklahoma white and black alike would find a reason to really around a case for justice and peace,” Reverend Jackson said.

Reverend Jackson says he does feel the shootings were a hate crime, but so far authorities haven't made that determination.

Bishop Harold Jones founded the Tulsa Chapter of National Action Network and has worked closely with Rev. Al Sharpton and the National Black Wall Street USA organization.

Rev. Al Sharpton, an outspoken civil rights activist, makes regular guest appearances on FOX News, MSNBC and other news outlets. He hosts a program on MSNBC.

Jackson will speak at the First Baptist Church at 6 p.m. on Saturday. Sharpton will address Greater Union Baptist Church on Sunday at 3 p.m.
    http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...f9Q7vfM2w.cspx
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

2. #2 Tulsa YWCA aims to eliminate racism 
    Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will arrive in Tulsa at time when many are worried about race relations in the city, but once their planes leave and things return to normal will tulsa be a better place? One local organization hopes so.

One of the key tenants of the YWCA is eliminating racism, and Tulsa YWCA Director of Racial Justice Mana Tahaie doesn't have a problem with Reverends Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton visiting Tulsa to discuss the aftermath of the north Tulsa shootings.

“Anytime that we can get guidance from people who have experienced this in other places or have seen what it is like to heal from this in other places and we can get guidance from them, I absolutely think that's helpful, but the main responsibility, I think, is with Tulsans themselves,” Tahaie said.

She says that means throwing out what we've always done to do a better job understanding our neighbors.

“If we were taught anything about race, it was not to talk about it.”

Tahaie is proud of Tulsa, and hopes the shootings are a chance to finally clear the air about racism in our city.

“I am proud that we had a really, really diligent and swift response from law enforcement and community leadership to really bring the folks who did this to justice, I think the next step we need to do is show that same leadership to bring healing to our community,” she said.

On April 28th, the YWCA will be putting on its 2nd Annual Race Against Racism. The 1 mile walk and 5K event kicks off in the Brady District at the John Hope Franklin Reconciliation Park. For more information about the Race Against Racism, click here: https://www.ywcatulsa.org/pages/race_against_racism/

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...UhhD7BbIQ.cspx
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

The black"leaders" are all bent out of shape in Tulsa and are threatening to bring the Black Panthers to Tulsa because the bail was set at only $9-million each on the shooters.
    I couldn't find text but it has been on the local news several times today.

Power CUer
    They've got an innocent Floridian locked up for murder. I don't care much for their opinion on anyone else's bail.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    They've got an innocent Floridian locked up for murder. I don't care much for their opinion on anyone else's bail.
    One of these guys is Native American but that doesn't slow the quest for hate crime,
    neither of the idiots has any money or friends so the amount the bail is set at is meaningless, they are going nowhere.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    One of these guys is Native American but that doesn't slow the quest for hate crime,
    neither of the idiots has any money or friends so the amount the bail is set at is meaningless, they are going nowhere.
    Is he a "White" Native American?

Seriously, I work so fucking hard and these two clowns make a living stirring up shit. They have a nicer life than I will ever have materially and make so many people miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Is he a "White" Native American?

Seriously, I work so fucking hard and these two clowns make a living stirring up shit. They have a nicer life than I will ever have materially and make so many people miserable.
    Tulsa's media is bending over backwards to kiss their black asses too!

Look at this site. In 2010, there were 2,720 homicides of blacks, of which 218 or 8% of those are attributed to whites(9% of black murders are attributed to non-black offenders). By contrast, there were 3,327 whites murdered, of which 447 or 13% were killed by blacks(include the other or unknown offenders and it ads up to 16% of whites killed by non whites). Now I ask you, who is more at risk from the other, whites from non-whites or blacks from non-blacks? So, in a sense, Jerkson and Sharpturd are railing against only the 9% of black murderers and are ignoring the other 90+% of the blacks who murder their own kind. Selective outrage is selective.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Look at this site. In 2010, there were 2,720 homicides of blacks, of which 218 or 8% of those are attributed to whites(9% of black murders are attributed to non-black offenders). By contrast, there were 3,327 whites murdered, of which 447 or 13% were killed by blacks(include the other or unknown offenders and it ads up to 16% of whites killed by non whites). Now I ask you, who is more at risk from the other, whites from non-whites or blacks from non-blacks? So, in a sense, Jerkson and Sharpturd are railing against only the 9% of black murderers and are ignoring the other 90+% of the blacks who murder their own kind. Selective outrage is selective.
    A black city councilman got up and said black people are afraid to leave their homes because a white man was targeting them.
    Like I have said before most murders in Tulsa barely receive one mention in the news.
    What is going on here is obvious, expect this in every other town where the opportunity arises to exploit this type of crime.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.