Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Is it me or did George Zimmerman lose alot of weight? 
    link
    Star Member LynneSin (84,787 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Is it me or did George Zimmerman lose alot of weight?
    A little worried he's going to for the 'If the glove does not fit you must acquit' defense.

For 40 days we talked about how George Zimmerman looked to be about 90lbs heavier than Trayvon Martin. I mean those are some big jowls on him:

(Pictures of Zimmerman- an OLD mug shot from several years ago, and a current picture)

I was at the gym yesterday and the guy was looking pretty gaunt. Sure the stress probably hasn't helped but the guy was looking alot thinner. I'm wondering if it was a combination of weight lost plus wearing clothes a bit too big for him and makes me wonder if the guy is slimming down so when this case goes to trial he doesn't look like someone who could easily overpower a 160lb kid.

One of the biggest comments made about this whole case was how Zimmerman looked to have 80-90lbs over Martin. His new look is a bit more gaunt looking which I'm guessing will help combat the weight difference. When this case goes to court the jury is going to see a slimmer Zimmerman which could have a mental impact on the jury as they make their decision. Kinda like the glove that OJ put on at his trial - I'm sure that glove fit at one time but at that moment in time at the trial it didn't and it put that imagine into the Jury head that perhaps it wasn't his glove. The jury sits there and sees a slimmer Zimmerman day in and day out they may not remember that at the time Zimmerman was alot heavier when the case happened.

It took 40+ days for Zimmerman to be arrested, he could have easily lost 20-30lbs in that time.

Just curious as to your thoughts.
    Liberals don't know the facts because they only listen to DU and liberal sources that were intent on stirring up racial hatred.......and.............they blame the fact that they are misinformed on Zimmerman deliberately loosing weight for ulterior motives....conspiracy theory.
    Star Member LAGC (3,712 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    1. He's lost a lot more than just 30 pounds...

That top picture was actually taken a few years ago when he was quite obese. Obviously he's slimmed down quite a bit since then, at least a 100-pound weight loss.

Doesn't change the fact that he was the aggressor and stalked the kid, though.
    Star Member 99th_Monkey (4,558 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    2. I was struck by that too, when I saw the video of his 4 minutes in court...............

I'm not even sure this is really the same guy, despite some
    similarities (i.e. eyes too close together mainly) ...
    eShirl (10,401 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    4. he lost his earring, but has the same scar on his cheek

he looks so different I wondered at first if it was the same guy
    Star Member dkf (27,178 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    5. They used an old booking photo to create more contrast between a small Trayvon and large Zimmerman.

The media wanted to stir up people and make them even more pissed. He has been tried and convicted in the eyes of the potential jury.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/t...ee-the-others/
    Star Member onehandle (29,282 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    6. All I see is a skinhead-ish punk, empowered by a phallic symbol and GOP-NRA laws.
    Star Member Bucky (37,507 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    8. Also, he's wearing plaid, which is very slimming to the figure.

But yes, if that meek, scrawny second Zimmerman confronted me with a gun, I'm pretty sure I'd jump and attack him for no reason, too.
    Now that some of the FACTS are getting through to them them are changing their story and claiming that Zimmerman threatened Martin with a gun, so therefore it was OK for Martin to attack Zimmerman.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Don't forget DUmmies, he's one of YOU!!! Even though he's a "White Hispanic".
    May the FORCE be with you!

DUmmie "logic": He lost weight so that he could get away with murdering a black person.

Those people are an insult to the expression brain-dead.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    DUmmie "logic": He lost weight so that he could get away with murdering a black person.

Those people are an insult to the expression brain-dead.
    Somehow, I can't see Marie Osmond shooting up somebody to celebrate her new waistline.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Somehow, I can't see Marie Osmond shooting up somebody to celebrate her new waistline.
    Ah but Marie is a Mormon. Fat or skinny she has to be a she devil.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Star Member onehandle (29,282 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    6. All I see is a skinhead-ish punk, empowered by a phallic symbol and GOP-NRA laws.
    So I guess the fact that he's a registered Democrat is completely lost on you?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

Now that some of the FACTS are getting through to them them are changing their story and claiming that Zimmerman threatened Martin with a gun, so therefore it was OK for Martin to attack Zimmerman.
    There isn't much "now" to it. On You Tube some folks have been spinning totally made up shit with such consistency that it has to be coming from Benjamin Crump and "the Martin Family" ie AL Sharpton et al. These people completely ignore the facts in favor of their emotionally driven opinions.

In their defense, my own mother whose intelligence is significant is blinded by her maternal instincts and her fear that I would end up in the same position as Zimmerman. She maintains steadfastly that "this wouldn't have happened if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck." Last night I had had enough of that. I pointed out that all of the MEN who followed strangers and asked the business of the out of place were DEAD, and my grandparents' houses are now trashed and the neighborhood unsafe. "Good job with that "call the cops" crap, Mom." ..... that went over well.

George did not look good in the footage I saw of the court proceedings, but to me it looked like emotional duress or mental health issues. I think he had a nervous breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    There isn't much "now" to it. On You Tube some folks have been spinning totally made up shit with such consistency that it has to be coming from Benjamin Crump and "the Martin Family" ie AL Sharpton et al. These people completely ignore the facts in favor of their emotionally driven opinions.
    Which means that when the trial begins, they will have a hard time finding an untainted jury, but if they do, and the evidence doesn't support the rants, then they will have laid the groundwork for massive civil disturbances in the event of an acquittal.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    George did not look good in the footage I saw of the court proceedings, but to me it looked like emotional duress or mental health issues. I think he had a nervous breakdown.

"Remember, it is better to look good than to feel good, and dahling, you look mahvelous!"
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Don't know how good any of us would feel if a bunch of animals, and that's what they are, animals, put a bounty on our heads.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.