1. #1 Are all presidents and most governors tax cheats? 
    Fabulous Poster
    President Obama lives in the White House for free. Zillow estimates that the market rent on the White House is $1.6M/mo. Even if the presidential apartment is only a fraction of that space, we could be looking at $160,000/mo in undeclared income.

Presidents are basically welfare queens. They have very few out of pocket expenses. Some are a bit more brazen than others. And I do believe Zippy has set a few new all time high records at the tax payer trough.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I don't really have a problem with a president living for free at the White House. It's just easier that way, for both security and practicality.

Do all states have Governor's residences? Mine does. Detroit even has a mayor's mansion, but I'm not sure if the current mayor is living there or not. Kwame tainted it.

Banned
    I think this ties into common arguments like "Why does the President get to fly on Air Force One on MY tax dollar?" and "Who do the President think he is coming into MY town and tieing up traffic in his taxpayer funded limousine(PrezBo was in Atlanta a few weeks ago and traffic was AWFUL!!). It's just one of those things that has always been and always will be.