Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ohio also amended the 'heartbeat' bill two days ago. If passed, it would equate child homicide to the abortion of a fetus with a detectable heartbeat.

A fetal heartbeat can occur as early as six weeks into gestation, often before the woman realises she is pregnant.
    It won't be long now before science confirms what everyone already knows, that life begins at conception. Only six weeks away.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Well, most people are aware that Sarah Silverman is not a subtle or tasteful comic, and I see only one person here was dumb enough to take her seriously.
    I am all about humor, both tasteful and not, so my mind is well-versed on what is satire and what is political activism. I would willing to bet your life that this was very much a political statement on Silverman's part, rather than some satirical polemic on the issue.

What I can't believe is that we are even discussing this shit given the trajectory of this republic. Deckchair anyone?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    What I can't believe is that we are even discussing this shit given the trajectory of this republic. Deckchair anyone?
    It's a big messageboad AA.

Go look at some ridiculous engagement photos for a while and then start a thread about Barry's contribution to the debt.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Well, most people are aware that Sarah Silverman is not a subtle or tasteful comic, and I see only one person here was dumb enough to take her seriously.
    And only one person who will be her apologist for mocking the slaughter of unborn children.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

SS must need publicity badly. Shock comics aren't really comics at all imo, just pathetic attention whores imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's a big messageboad AA.

Go look at some ridiculous engagement photos for a while and then start a thread about Barry's contribution to the debt.
    This is the lounge? My mistake.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And only one person who will be her apologist for mocking the slaughter of unborn children.
    I said she's not known for her subtlety. I am neither her apologist nor her publicist. I don't pay much attention at all to Sarah Silverman, and it sounds like you should not be hanging on her every word, either.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    What I can't believe is that the software here won't let me give gold stars to your posts unless I "pass it around" to others some more, when your posts make more sense than pretty much everyone else's put together.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Who cares what Sarah Silverman thinks, anyways? She had a show on Comedy Central that no one watched. From the ads for it, I deduced that she's the type of female comic who thinks that making poop jokes puts her on the same level with male comics, instead of with 6th grade boys.

Power CUer
    The highest praise I can summon for Silverman is.... "at least she's not Lisa Lampinelli."