Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You need to re-read my post. As I stated the Bullies didn't set out to injure anyone. That said, rough play doesn't bother me. One thing my brother and I always said is that if you can't win the game, win the fights. However, cross checking someone in the throat isn't hockey. Blindsiding someone when the puck isn't anywhere near them isn't hockey, it's dirty play set out to injure someone. And unlike Penguin fans, Flyers fans know the difference. This is why we weren't pissed when Stevens ended Lindros' career as a Flyer. And as for Crosby, at least Bobby Clarke fought his own battles. Crosby is a little kid starting stuff then runs to get his big brother. He's a pussy of the highest order.
    ^^^^What he said. ^^^^

I just heard this on the News: "Shanahan just suspended Malkin for failing to report to his team. He says there is no excuse for any player to get paid and fail to show up to any playoff games. Sidney Crosby has also been suspended for being a b!tch..."

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    I'd be ashamed to show my face if I supported a hockey team from PA and they only had two Stanley cups.. (cough)

Bailey...you need to revisit you OWN team's history. Do you remember the Flyers nickname in the 70's?? There is a marked increase in violence in the NHL recently and I would put that up to the face that there are no more goons in the NHL anymore. They kept the game under control because there were consequences to be paid and they doled out the punishment. Dave "The Hammer" Schultz comes to mind...who, strangely enough played for the Penguins AND the Flyers (amongst several others)..

It's HOCKEY!!!!!! They give grown men sticks, confine them and let them skate full speed at each other.. It's been a violent sport..and IS a violent sport.

Next thing you're going to complain about is the UFC being too violent.. Boxing having too much punching and war in general because too many people get hurt.

Lighten up Francis..
    Fighting is one thing takiing cheap shots cause your team is getting the crap kicked out of them is another.

Well Aaron Asham gets 4 game suspention. But Nick Backstrom only gets 1 game for doing the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You need to re-read my post. As I stated the Bullies didn't set out to injure anyone. That said, rough play doesn't bother me. One thing my brother and I always said is that if you can't win the game, win the fights. However, cross checking someone in the throat isn't hockey. Blindsiding someone when the puck isn't anywhere near them isn't hockey, it's dirty play set out to injure someone. And unlike Penguin fans, Flyers fans know the difference. This is why we weren't pissed when Stevens ended Lindros' career as a Flyer. And as for Crosby, at least Bobby Clarke fought his own battles. Crosby is a little kid starting stuff then runs to get his big brother. He's a pussy of the highest order.
    You should re-read my post...

Where the HELL did I even reference you...?????

Shaddup...
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    ^^^^What he said. ^^^^
    Read NJ's post...

Fight your own battles..
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wannaberocker View Post
    Well Aaron Asham gets 4 game suspention. But Nick Backstrom only gets 1 game for doing the exact same thing.
    And Torres gets an immediate indefinite suspension for his hit on Hossa but it took the NHL over 48 hours to give Neal a 1 game suspension for 1 hit and zero for the other. Comes from sucking Penguin dick I guess. And tonight's game, so far the Penguins have had 9 power plays to the Flyers' 2. Na, the officiating isn't biased.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I just heard this on the News: "Shanahan just suspended Malkin for failing to report to his team. He srays there is no excuse for any player to get paid and fail to show up to any playoff games. Sidney Crosby has also been suspended for being a b!tch..."
    Is the Shanahan who suspended Malkin Brendan Shanahan, retired Red Wing? I love my Wings, but I always hated Shanahan because he's a crybaby. "Oooh, Scotty's mean to me." He'd always go crying to Mitch Albom whenever Bowman didn't give him the number of minutes on the ice that he thought he should get.

If it's not the same Shanahan, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Is the Shanahan who suspended Malkin Brendan Shanahan, retired Red Wing? I love my Wings, but I always hated Shanahan because he's a crybaby. "Oooh, Scotty's mean to me." He'd always go crying to Mitch Albom whenever Bowman didn't give him the number of minutes on the ice that he thought he should get.

If it's not the same Shanahan, sorry.
    One and the same. And his punishment doling has been very subjective.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.