Thread: HOA's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 HOA's 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    As if the dumbasses calling about the security systems weren't bad enough, we had our monthly HOA meeting tonight.

JHC!!! I almost turned around and strangled a neighbor with my bare hands tonight!!! We live in a Deed Restricted Comm and I like it here as the rules are pretty loose compared to many.

This dipshit doesn't want any rules. Then WTF did you buy in here for you retarded moron???

We are trying to update the Restrictions and this brain dead asshole has told everyone he won't vote for anything. Honestly, if I could Force Choke people...

Why idiots like this buy a house in a DRC is beyond me. Go out east of the interstate and buy 10 acres so you can have your shit house and falling down fence with 5 pickups in the driveway.

And not that there is anything wrong with that, just don't buy in our community and then try and turn it into Green Fucking Acres...
    May the FORCE be with you!

This is a job for Artie Ape and duct tape!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It's a job for a very eeevil board member (trained by the eeeeeeeeevilest of admins/Vader types) to get the old fart into shape. His house is falling down and in great disrepair. He's not a poor person, just a rebellious old guy who loves to stir the pot.

Hmmm, he's had a couple of letters asking him to comply with the basics, like replace some of the wood trim that's about to fall from his house and to paint the bare wood. It doesn't matter if a house is on acreage and won't bother anyone, but the way real estate values have been going in Florida, it's driving down the value of everyone's home.

I feel very bad for some of the people here who have fallen on hard times and got caught in the ridiculous Florida market. The home prices had escalated so rapidly and people grossly overpaid and are underwater now. But this old guy isn't one of them. He's just hurting some of the people who have to sell, whether regular or short sale.

Some folks have asked me to run for a 2nd 2 year term. Never will that happen. I can't wait til October to get out of this thing.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I consulted an attorney before accepting the post of president of our HOA in Texas. When I took the job I knew the limits of HOA authority and exercised those limits. In some states (Texas) the HOA has real teeth; in those states it doesn't matter what some nit wit wants. He gets exactly what he bought. Nothing less.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Some folks have asked me to run for a 2nd 2 year term. Never will that happen. I can't wait til October to get out of this thing.

I'm going to do it SLW doesn't want to.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I consulted an attorney before accepting the post of president of our HOA in Texas. When I took the job I knew the limits of HOA authority and exercised those limits. In some states (Texas) the HOA has real teeth; in those states it doesn't matter what some nit wit wants. He gets exactly what he bought. Nothing less.
    I was treasurer last year and secretary this year. The first thing I did was to be certain that the HOA carried adequate insurance to protect the volunteers.

We had a grand and glorious tradition in our HOA. When we moved here there were 2 warring factions, to the point of needing a sheriff's deputy at our meetings. The attorney attended each meeting. They ran up a huge legal bill. The old guy mentioned in the first post was one of the leaders against the "establishment'. They ran up a huge legal bill on us, then tabled our proposed deed restriction changes. They did some really dirty things. They got me so mad I stupidly agreed to run for the board in able to block some of the dissidents. I sadly have a hard time being patient with the nonsense, need to work on that.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I was treasurer last year and secretary this year. The first thing I did was to be certain that the HOA carried adequate insurance to protect the volunteers.

We had a grand and glorious tradition in our HOA. When we moved here there were 2 warring factions, to the point of needing a sheriff's deputy at our meetings. The attorney attended each meeting. They ran up a huge legal bill. The old guy mentioned in the first post was one of the leaders against the "establishment'. They ran up a huge legal bill on us, then tabled our proposed deed restriction changes. They did some really dirty things. They got me so mad I stupidly agreed to run for the board in able to block some of the dissidents. I sadly have a hard time being patient with the nonsense, need to work on that.
    Can you make any money through graft or corruption?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I would literally rather die than live in any community that has a HOA.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I would literally rather die than live in any community that has a HOA.
    Hey I'm trying to get you some business here!