Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 If I hear one more rich fuck talk about the dignity of work... 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002574101

Star Member tk2kewl (10,808 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

If I hear one more rich fuck talk about the dignity of work...

Last edited Tue Apr 17, 2012, 11:11 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    My head might explode.

I want to know...

how many 50 lb bags of cement Mitt or any of his boys have ever heaved up onto their shoulder to carry anywhere?

how many squares of asphalt shingles have they carried up a ladder onto a roof?

how many night shifts have they pulled?

has a RMoney ever even pushed a lawnmower?

or shoveled snow?

swung a hammer?

turned a wrench?

sanded a piece of wood?

have any of these fuckers ever mended a pair of socks?

or patched the knees of their kids pants?

Work does bring dignity, so long as that work is appreciated and rewarded by society.

I don't need to be lectured about the dignity of work by some jackass for whom the word callous describes their economic policies rather than the effect "dignity" has on ones hands!
    To the DUmmies at DU who are angry because they aren't getting everything "free" work is simply a "curse" and something they shouldn't have to to.

Rmoney or some variation is DU's most recent slur against the Romneys. It says more about the hatred and resentment that DUers have about someone who happens to have more than then do than about the Romneys.
    el_bryanto (2,369 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    25. Hmmmm. Well I guess there's a few questions here

But first of all -my issue is that Romney never needs to work, and the stuff he does to earn his money is societally destructive. And that's the key thing; most American's aren't in that position. You either go to work or you go hungry. Working because you gotta work is a whole different lifestyle from working because you want to work.

I guess my other question is that the line between being a taker and a giver is pretty nebulous in a lot of cases; like say people who work in Human Resources. Are they takers? or Givers?

it is somewhat more clear in Romney's case, I admit.

Bryant
    They're mad when a wealthy conservative works when they don't HAVE to, and they're mad when they don't work when they don't have to.

Of course they consider that any conservative who has money didn't earn it honestly. But if it's a liberal they are exempted from criticism.
    Star Member hifiguy (6,433 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    4. The wealthy fuckwads who spew this shit

when the only "work" they have ever done is steal with a computer, a phone or a pen should be marched to the tumbrels at the point of pitchforks and torches and sent to the scaffold.
    Initech (31,432 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    11. George Carlin was right.

The rich make all the money, pay none of the taxes. The middle class pays all the taxes, does all the work. And the poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class - keep them showing up at those jobs!!

I'm ready for the revolution at this point.
    What is it? The top 10% pay 40% of the taxes and the bottom 50% pay NO TAXES? Willful ignorance due to hatred of those that have more money than they do is all it is.
    Baitball Blogger (635 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    17. That's being very disrespectful.

You know, you sweat when you play eighteen holes of golf.
    The irony. Of course the picture IS NOT of Obama who has played more golf than Romney or any other conservative president or politician.
    Last edited by Carol; 04-17-2012 at 02:35 PM.

You'll what? Burn your unemployment check?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I've carried 50lb bags of calcium chloride

I've swung a hammer

I've sanded a piece of wood

I've turned a wrench

I've shoveled snow

I've cut grass

I've shoveled shit

I delivered bread

I stocked shelves

I've spent nights wearing pain relieving balm and ice packs

I've worked with the flu

I've had shit and piss thrown on me

And I agree with the dignity of work. What's your point?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Last edited Tue Apr 17, 2012, 11:11 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    My head might explode.

I want to know...

how many 50 lb bags of cement Mitt or any of his boys have ever heaved up onto their shoulder to carry anywhere?

how many squares of asphalt shingles have they carried up a ladder onto a roof?

how many night shifts have they pulled?

has a RMoney ever even pushed a lawnmower?

or shoveled snow?

swung a hammer?

turned a wrench?

sanded a piece of wood?

have any of these fuckers ever mended a pair of socks?

or patched the knees of their kids pants?

Work does bring dignity, so long as that work is appreciated and rewarded by society.

I don't need to be lectured about the dignity of work by some jackass for whom the word callous describes their economic policies rather than the effect "dignity" has on ones hands!
    Romney did a missionary stint as a young man, so I'm willing to bet that he's done his share of physical labor. But has Obama ever done anything like what this guy is describing? Has he ever held a job that required more than running his mouth? Has he ever heaved a 50 lb bag of anything, carried anything up a ladder onto a roof, pulled a night shift, pushed a lawnmower, shoveled snow, swung a hammer. turned a wrench, sanded a piece of wood, mended a pair of socks or patched the knees of their kids pants? My money is on him never having done anything that required any physical labor.

But, I have a few questions for tk2kewl: Have you ever owned your own business? Ever had to make a payroll? Ever had somebody else depend on you for their lifelyhood? Ever take a failing enterprise and turn it around? Ever been in a position of responsibility in the armed forces? Physical labor is tough, no doubt about it, but responsibility is tough, too. And it isn't society that gives work dignity, the work gives you dignity. Seeking appreciation from society for what you do is an easy way to learn to hate what you do, just ask any Soldier who served in Vietnam.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

When did we let being rich become a bad thing? When did striving to be rich become taboo. Why are we trying to shame people for having money.

I don't think any of those Kardashian skanks should have money but I don't really blame them. I blame the consumers that buy their crap, their magazines and watches the shows that they are on. They're just taking an opportunity and running with it. Isn't that what we're supposed to do?
    Be Not Afraid.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmmies always, always, always need someone to blame when they don't get their free condo in Boca. The nice one.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Romney did a missionary stint as a young man, so I'm willing to bet that he's done his share of physical labor.

<snip>

Seeking appreciation from society for what you do is an easy way to learn to hate what you do, just ask any Soldier who served in Vietnam.
    Funn you should mention those two things. Have you seen NewsBusters today?

Martin Bashir is attempting a new Libtard smear point saying that Romney dodged the draft by doing his missionary work.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The Dignity of Work.

A six-year-old boy has raised about $10,000 in a single day to pay for his father's cancer treatment by selling lemonade.Randy Cox's son Drew set up the stand outside their Gladewater, Texas, home selling cups of lemonade for 25 cents on Saturday morning, KLTV reports.Word spread quickly with people coming from as far as 100km away and soon the line was stretching around the block.

Mr Cox was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer three months ago.
    Drew said he came up with the idea because he wanted his dad to feel better.
    "He is so important to me. We like to play with each other; lots of times we like to play games," Drew told KLTV.
    He was not surprised by the turnout.
    "I was thinking that everybody would come and get some," he said.
    And while the asking price for the lemonade was only 25 cents, some customers chipped in a little more including one man who wrote out a cheque for $5000.

A Six year old kid didn't sit around and feel sorry for himself he went to work but the dummies do jack but sit around and piss n moan and want everything given to them.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Funn you should mention those two things. Have you seen NewsBusters today?

Martin Bashir is attempting a new Libtard smear point saying that Romney dodged the draft by doing his missionary work.

It's time to stop the draft-dodging accusations. The draft ended in the early 70s, and didn't affect my generation, which includes Romney's opponent, Obama. Eventually, there won't be any candidates who were in that age group during the time that there was a draft.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I've carried 50lb bags of calcium chloride

I've swung a hammer

I've sanded a piece of wood

I've turned a wrench

I've shoveled snow

I've cut grass

I've shoveled shit

I delivered bread

I stocked shelves

I've spent nights wearing pain relieving balm and ice packs

I've worked with the flu

I've had shit and piss thrown on me

And I agree with the dignity of work. What's your point?
    The last one is the kicker. I've had to deal with some nasty people, but they never did anything like that to me.

I would say the worst thing I've had to deal with is some idiot trying to pick me up after a court hearing in which he's been accused of sexually abusing his daughter. As sick as that is, at least I didn't have to take a shower afterwards, even if I felt like doing so.