Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I'm a feminist and all, and I hate defending Hooters, but....

A few years ago, I was volunteering my time with a developmentally delayed guy from my previous church. He was high-functioning, his IQ was probably in the mid-70s to low 80s range and the disability was caused by meningitis in his infancy, not a birth defect. But because it was due to neurological issues, he had seizures, and also some psychiatric issues.

This is a man who is not attracted to women with similar disabilities as his own, but gets exploited by the type of women he meets while riding his bike around town. He gets minimized by women like me, who never see him as someone who is a sexual being and frequently treat him as a child. His favorite place in the world is Hooters. The girls there treat him like a man. It meant so much to him. I had to explain this to an older female pastor who was trying to get him to stop going there.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm a feminist and all, and I hate defending Hooters, but....

A few years ago, I was volunteering my time with a developmentally delayed guy from my previous church. He was high-functioning, his IQ was probably in the mid-70s to low 80s range and the disability was caused by meningitis in his infancy, not a birth defect. But because it was due to neurological issues, he had seizures, and also some psychiatric issues.

This is a man who is not attracted to women with similar disabilities as his own, but gets exploited by the type of women he meets while riding his bike around town. He gets minimized by women like me, who never see him as someone who is a sexual being and frequently treat him as a child. His favorite place in the world is Hooters. The girls there treat him like a man. It meant so much to him. I had to explain this to an older female pastor who was trying to get him to stop going there.
    You never saw the Raisins episode of South Park did you.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.