Thread: Leeches

1. #1 Leeches 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh brother...

Mon Apr 16, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Alan Grayson

Leeches

In the old days, if a "doctor" thought that your skin looked too red, the standard prescription was . . . leeches. Fever? Leeches. Rash? Leeches. Bruise? Leeches. In fact, if you seemed to have an unfortunate tendency to get angry, the treatment for that was you guessed it leeches.

This was not some passing fad. This went on for 2,700 years, throughout Asia and Europe, and then the New World.

The leeches actually were grown on leech farms. Doctors bought the leeches in lots, and kept them in an earthenware jar with little breathing holes in it. Whenever a patient "needed" one, the doctor would apply it to the patient. And then the leech would suck the patient's blood out.

Yuk.

So, basically, whatever was wrong with you, the doctor would attach a blood-sucking parasite to you, and that was supposed to make it better.

And that actually sounds very much like the right-wing's economic policies. Whatever might be wrong with the economy, let's just drain all the blood out of it, and see if that helps.

Unemployment? Let's cut teacher jobs. Deficit? Let's cut police and firefighter jobs. Trade imbalance? Let's cut sanitation and public transport jobs. Banking crisis? Let's cut nursing jobs.

Just bleed that sucker.

Yesterday, in the New York Times, Paul Krugman described right-wing economics in a similar way: "suicide by economic crisis." The greedheads who run Europe are exploiting the economic crisis in weaker countries like Greece and Spain to wipe out pensions, benefits, unions and public healthcare everywhere. They don't just want to tear the social safety net. They want to nuke it.

The saddest thing about that is all of the pain that it inflicts on the vulnerable and the needy. But the next saddest thing is this:

It just doesn't work. Bleeding a patient with leeches doesn't make him healthy. Even if you bleed him dry.

And now the greed-heads are coming for us, with their Ryan Budget and their Medicare vouchers and their Social Security cuts and their Medicaid block grants and their student vouchers and their privatization. Now, they're coming for us.

Well, here is my answer:

No.

Now get lost, you leeches.

Courage,

Alan Grayson

Incoherent babbling but hey, it's DUmbass Grayson. He forgot 2 words though...SEND MONEY.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Hey, maybe it's just me but I tend to think the leeches are those who take more from society than they give back. You know. Union bosses, workers in a surprisingly large number of government departments, people on welfare. Also, lawyers and hedge fund managers.

But 'leech' is generally not applied to people who work a job in the private sector (and not a "corporate handout" sector) and pay taxes.

What conservatives generally want to do, is remove the leeches from the body (the economy) so we are producing more blood than the leeches consume. Right now we have negative blood.

On edit: What the author here thinks are the leeches, are actually the opposite of the leeches. Because "cutting government spending, lowering taxes" isn't the leech on the economy. Taxes and government spending are the leech on the economy. Because the government doesn't create the economy, unless you are in a Communist Dictatorship.
    Last edited by m00; 04-16-2012 at 05:37 PM.

And that actually sounds very much like the right-wing's economic policies. Whatever might be wrong with the economy, let's just drain all the blood out of it, and see if that helps.

Unemployment? Let's cut teacher jobs. Deficit? Let's cut police and firefighter jobs. Trade imbalance? Let's cut sanitation and public transport jobs. Banking crisis? Let's cut nursing jobs.
    Was this written by the raging shithead from Florida?

Show me Grayson, A CONSERVATIVE viewpoint or platform... I won't hold my breath.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Someone should inform the moron that doctors still use leeches to this day, especially in the reattachment of severed body parts.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Now get lost, you leeches.
    Speaking of...how much tax payer money did you leech from myself and others to sit in D.C. and write this hate filled bombastic crap on an anti-American terrorist loving Stalin worshipping website?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Paul Krugman described right-wing economics in a similar way: "suicide by economic crisis." The greedheads who run Europe are exploiting the economic crisis in weaker countries like Greece and Spain to wipe out pensions, benefits, unions and public healthcare everywhere.
    More like the 'greedheads' exploiting the overly-generous social benefits in places Greece and Spain to wipe out the public coffers and bankrupt their own countries, which is fine by them as long as it doesn't interfere with getting that big pension check every month while they're still young enough to party.

It amazes me that people can hear what Krugman says and then pretend it makes any sense at all.
    Last edited by DumbAss Tanker; 04-17-2012 at 03:34 PM.