Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    http://techcrunch.com/2012/04/13/rep...-the-internet/

Something about this story isn't right. If stuff like facebook and twitter and such are popular,then how can people say the internet is useless?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    You don't see a block of google ads at the top, and then on the sidebar? I get gm, toyota and ford.
    Wow. Did you know you can buy a package of 1000 condoms for 325$? I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Wow. Did you know you can buy a package of 1000 condoms for 325$? I had no idea.
    If you order them by the pallet, you pay substantially less.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Next though,people might be able to access the internet by Xbox,i read something about the maker working with Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    m00 wants the government to stop it, the answer is more government.
    The idiocy here is astounding. So like, first you accuse me completely unprovoked of being a Ron Paul bot (because I dare suggest that Romney is the wrong pick for the GOP). And now you wade into this thread to make the enlightening connection that my lack of enthusiasm about ads and spam on the internet is evidence that my answer is always and categorically "more government" regardless of the problem.

So which is it, genius?

The idiocy here is astounding. So like, first you accuse me completely unprovoked of being a Ron Paul bot (because I dare suggest that Romney is the wrong pick for the GOP). And now you wade into this thread to make the enlightening connection that my lack of enthusiasm about ads and spam on the internet is evidence that my answer is always and categorically "more government" regardless of the problem.

So which is it, genius?
    You're an egg ma.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

So which is it, genius?
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ity#post349339
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

lol, that's your evidence of "big government is the answer to everything, all the time"? Because I think Michelle Malkin is wrong on net neutrality? And that after researching the argument I sided with Netflix (who happens to be a technology company operating in the free market)? You're going to have to do better than that.

lol, that's your evidence of "big government is the answer to everything, all the time"? Because I think Michelle Malkin is wrong on net neutrality? And that after researching the argument I sided with Netflix (who happens to be a technology company operating in the free market)? You're going to have to do better than that.
    If I wanted to waste my time to go back a year ago or so when you left in a hissy fit their were plenty of examples of your progressive tendencies.

If I wanted to waste my time to go back a year ago or so when you left in a hissy fit their were plenty of examples of your progressive tendencies.
    Translation: I could find supporting evidence for my argument, but I don't want to. because the rules of debate don't apply to me. Also, you're gay.

Keep it classy, rock.

And nice moving the goalposts as well. I thought we were talking about big government, not progressive tendencies. And in case you respond with "same thing," this would be tantamount to dicto secundum quid ad dictum simpliciter.

Because I don't necessarily disagree with a wishy-washy charge of "progressive tendencies" -- my stances on civil liberties and personal freedoms you would probably (mis)characterize as progressive. Since for some strange reason the conservative movement has co-opted the idea that Big Government should be able to engage in things like warrantless wiretaps, searches with no probable cause, indefinite detentions without a trial, etc. But having progressive tendencies when it comes to civil liberties actually makes me the opposite of big government.

In fact, if anything, you could probably accuse me of having anarchist tendencies. But again, this is the opposite of big government and my mistrust of government is precisely the thing which informs my position on the issues more often than not.

I just happen to be posting on a message board where the prevailing logic could end up with the following: "Anarchists are liberals. Liberals love big government. therefore anarchists love big government." Quite frankly, this is the level of logical stupidity you confront people with with your black and white generalizations.
    Last edited by m00; 04-20-2012 at 10:20 PM.