I didn't really think it'd be that big of a deal, that my daughter won a free rabbit during an easter egg hunt. The little fur ball is kind of playful, clean and easy to keep, and my munchkin loves the thing.

A trip to Petco and $200 later, for the supplies needed for that free rabbit... no complaints.

Finding out the rabbits sick, and immediately needs to be hospitalized... I'm a bit apprehensive, but take it in anyways. After a check up and the Vet tallying up what it will cost to bring the rabbit to health, I take a long pause. If we didn't just have a horrendous ordeal, where we brought two puppies home for our daughter, and had to immediately return them... I'd be saying goodbye rabbit. Than explaining to my daughter how rabbits 'change color' some times in the Spring. So, a few days go by, with the rabbit in the vet hospital. With a pleasant update, that the rabbit might make it versus the almost assuredness stressed when I okayed the billing. Picking the fur ball up, I'm presented with additional bills... which certainly would have put the fur ball into the Hawk food category had I known beforehand.... This lagomorph better be appreciative!