URGENT: A Florida judge said George Zimmerman can be released on $150,000 bail as he awaits trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester set several conditions Friday for Zimmerman's release. He cannot have any firearms, drink alcohol or use drugs and must observe a curfew. The judge said details need to be worked out between Zimmerman's attorney and law enforcement, and that Zimmerman will not be released Friday.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the 17-year-old's death during a February confrontation in a Sanford, Fla., gated community. He is claiming self-defense.

The bail for Zimmerman was announced Friday shortly after he took the witness stand, telling the parents of Martin, "I am sorry for the loss of your son," but standing by his claim that he killed the teen in self-defense.

Zimmerman told Martin's parents, who were present in the courtroom, that he did not know that Martin was 17, or that he was unarmed during their February confrontation in the central Florida neighborhood.

"I did not know how old he was," Zimmerman said. "I thought he was a little younger than I am. I did not know if he was armed or not."

Zimmerman's wife and parents testified by phone earlier that he is not a violent person. Zimmerman's father told the courtroom that his son always "turns the other cheek."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/20...#ixzz1sb2H7HYr