1. #1 Judge sets bail at $150,000 for George Zimmerman 
    URGENT: A Florida judge said George Zimmerman can be released on $150,000 bail as he awaits trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester set several conditions Friday for Zimmerman's release. He cannot have any firearms, drink alcohol or use drugs and must observe a curfew. The judge said details need to be worked out between Zimmerman's attorney and law enforcement, and that Zimmerman will not be released Friday.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the 17-year-old's death during a February confrontation in a Sanford, Fla., gated community. He is claiming self-defense.

The bail for Zimmerman was announced Friday shortly after he took the witness stand, telling the parents of Martin, "I am sorry for the loss of your son," but standing by his claim that he killed the teen in self-defense.

Zimmerman told Martin's parents, who were present in the courtroom, that he did not know that Martin was 17, or that he was unarmed during their February confrontation in the central Florida neighborhood.

"I did not know how old he was," Zimmerman said. "I thought he was a little younger than I am. I did not know if he was armed or not."

Zimmerman's wife and parents testified by phone earlier that he is not a violent person. Zimmerman's father told the courtroom that his son always "turns the other cheek."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/20...#ixzz1sb2H7HYr
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Go over to DU and enjoy the tears :D

Fabulous Poster
    SO no matter how cooperative you are, they still make this cost you money. Right? I assume that someone just made $15,000 or thereabouts for nothing more than guaranteeing that a law abiding person would show up for court, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    SO no matter how cooperative you are, they still make this cost you money. Right? I assume that someone just made $15,000 or thereabouts for nothing more than guaranteeing that a law abiding person would show up for court, right?
    Considering he has a GPS anklet on and must report to a office (I dont how many times a week) and being a well known person, I dont know why they are charging him money.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What the hell takes up the space between your ears? It sure as hell ain't brains! A part of the black community and the rabid Left would've had Florida burning by now, with a no-bail release...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

6. #6 Zimmerman Takes Stand, Says He Did Not Know If Trayvon Was Armed Or Not 
    Video of hearing from Kangaroo court.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ed_or_not.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

7. #7 George Zimmerman's release could be imminent 
    (CBS News) SANFORD, Fla. -- George Zimmerman was granted bond of $150,000 Friday in the death of Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman is charged with second degree murder.

Zimmerman was granted bond at a hearing Friday because Seminole County Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester was persuaded he was not a flight risk and, despite Zimmerman's killing of Martin, believed he posed no threat to his community.

Lawyers were working out the conditions and security restrictions of Zimmerman's release Saturday, as well as the precautions for his safety. It's possible he could stay outside Florida while awaiting trial. And it's all but certain his location will be kept secret.

He's expected to post bond and leave jail sometime this weekend.

Zimmerman surprised the courtroom Friday -- especially Trayvon Martin's parents -- when he walked to the stand in shackles to apologize for shooting the unarmed teenager.

Complete coverage: The shooting of Trayvon Martin

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son," Zimmerman stated. "I didn't know his age. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. I did not know whether he was armed or not."

A lawyer for Trayvon Martin's family, Benjamin Crump, told "CBS This Morning: Saturday" co-hosts Jeff Glor and Rebecca Jarvis the family is "very disheartened" at the prospect of Zimmerman getting out of jail. He says they found Zimmerman's apology "very insincere" and "self-serving," and they suspect it came with "ulterior motives." Before the family accepts any apology, Crump says, Zimmerman has to tell the truth about what happened when he shot Trayvon because, they feel, he's given numerous different accounts so far.
    Read More>
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...d-be-imminent/