1. #1 searching for tomb of Genghis Khan, archaeologists make a 4,000-year-old discovery 
    Genghis Khan, the notorious Mongolian leader from the 13th century, might have a documented history of his conquests but one important mystery remains.
    Where is he buried?
    The search for the infamous tomb of Genghis Khan continues. (Image source: YouTube)

Here’s more from a UCLA news release issued a few years ago to give you some insight into the legend:
    According to legend, Genghis Khan lies buried somewhere beneath the dusty steppe of Northeastern Mongolia, entombed in a spot so secretive that anyone who made the mistake of encountering his funeral procession was executed on the spot. Once he was below ground, his men brought in horses to trample evidence of his grave, and just to be absolutely sure he would never be found, they diverted a river to flow over their leader’s final resting place.
    [...]

Khan’s grave is presumably in a region bordered by Mongolia’s Onon River and the Khan khentii mountains near his birthplace in Khentii Aimag, and some experts believe his sons and other family members were later buried beside him. The researchers, however, have little additional information to go on. Directly following Khan’s death in 1227, the area around his tomb was deemed forbidden by the emperor’s guards, and later in the 20th century, by strict Russian occupation, which prohibited Mongolians from even talking about Genghis Khan because they felt it might lead to nationalist uprising. Only since the 1990s have researchers been allowed in the area, and several other research teams have tried unsuccessfully to locate the tomb.
    Well the fascination over the hidden burial site has not escaped the Travel Channel’s second season of “Expedition Unknown.” Last week its host Josh Gates took on the legend of King Aurthur and this week he looks at Genghis Khan.
    http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2015/10/14/while-searching-for-tomb-of-genghis-khan-archaeologists-make-a-4000-year-old-discovery/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

My understanding of the Mongols was that they were basically marauders and murderers. They conquered territory, but they didn't really build anything or leave much for posterity.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    My understanding of the Mongols was that they were basically marauders and murderers. They conquered territory, but they didn't really build anything or leave much for posterity.
    Many similarities to Mooselimbs.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post

Maybe there isn't a burial site because they burned him on a pyre.

I'm thinking he left on an alien spacecraft.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm thinking he left on an alien spacecraft.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    same way he arrived......
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.