Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    only got groped once
    Call me.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    It is absolutely correct to check inbound visitors' passports--once. If you are doing it more than once, you are doing it wrong. Is it correct to accept everything your government demands of you?
    Those who demand all or nothing predominately get nothing. Recognition of a need isn't recognition or acceptance of all things either.

I know people that get upset for being asked for an ID when presenting a check for payment,not me,I'm glad someone is checking to make sure it's me spending my money not someone else.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Those who demand all or nothing predominately get nothing.
    Perhaps, but it has also been said that "Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." I happen to agree with Benjamin Franklin's take on this one. You can call me old-fashioned I guess.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Perhaps, but it has also been said that "Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." I happen to agree with Benjamin Franklin's take on this one. You can call me old-fashioned I guess.
    Showing a passport at customs deprives one of liberty in what way ? I think you are getting carried away, that BF quote doesn't apply in such a situation.

The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion. ~ Edmund Burke ~

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Showing a passport at customs deprives one of liberty in what way ? I think you are getting carried away, that BF quote doesn't apply in such a situation.
    Showing it once, Zeus. If one has to repeatedly show it then something is broken, wouldn't you agree? It's like frisking 90 year old women and toddlers. C'mon, there has to be a limit to what we as a civil society will accept from an incompetent government. Surely, you have some limit, yes? That's my only point.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I think it's interesting that, according to Israeli friends we have, Ben Gurion Airport is the safest in the world and they do nothing even closely resembling what happens at our airports. They tell us that boarding an El Al flight and going through Israeli security is pleasurable by comparison to what they endure here in the States when they're trying to return home. The major difference - racial profiling, which has worked for years in Israel.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    I think it's interesting that, according to Israeli friends we have, Ben Gurion Airport is the safest in the world and they do nothing even closely resembling what happens at our airports. They tell us that boarding an El Al flight and going through Israeli security is pleasurable by comparison to what they endure here in the States when they're trying to return home. The major difference - racial profiling, which has worked for years in Israel.
    It's not so much Racial profiling but Character profiling. Granted Arab looking people get a little more scrutiny.