Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Wal-Mart probes possible bribes in Mexico 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By the CNN Wire Staff
    updated 12:49 PM EDT, Sun April 22, 2012

Mexico City (CNN) -- Wal-Mart is investigating its operations in Mexico to determine whether there were violations of the U.S. law that prohibits giving bribes to international officials, the company said in a statement.

The retail giant's announcement comes after a New York Times report detailing what the newspaper said was widespread bribery used by Wal-Mart's Mexican subsidiary to speed up store construction.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. executives in Bentonville, Arkansas, recommended shutting down an internal review of the alleged bribery even after the lead investigator recommended expanding the investigation, according to the newspaper, which cites former Wal-Mart employees, participants in the company's investigation and copies of internal review documents.

Not too bright...
    May the FORCE be with you!

2. #2 Bribes to allow Wal Marts in Mexico? 
    Mexico's federal government should investigate allegations of a vast bribery campaign by top executives of Wal-Mart's Mexican subsidiary to build stores across the country, the head of a watchdog group says
    Bribes

It sounds like Mexico is full of bribes. Many examples in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Bribes

It sounds like Mexico is full of bribes. Many examples in the article.
    The hate Walmart crowd is trying to make this all about Walmart but unfortunately it's just the cost of doing business in Mexico.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The hate Walmart crowd is trying to make this all about Walmart but unfortunately it's just the cost of doing business in Mexico.
    I have heard and seen first hand what the Wal Marts are like in CA....I can understand why some people don't like them.

We have several police officers in town for a foot race from CA to Las Vegas. They said in Southern CA, the Wal Marts are really bad...but in that area, I have a feeling most places are...

I do agree about it's all about the cost of doing business in Mexico, and as the article that I used points out, this is not the first company that has been in trouble....even the AVON lady was busted in China.

Oppps...I just posted this also...please delete my duplicate. Sorry. Mine was in GD

I'd like to know if anyone at the NY Times ever paid a public official for a story... Just asking...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'd like to know if anyone at the NY Times ever paid a public official for a story... Just asking...
    Always hear about the bad of Walmart never the good. In Fiscal year 2010 Walmart,It's Foundations, associates and customers, supported organizations worldwide with $624 million in charitable contributions.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Always hear about the bad of Walmart never the good. In Fiscal year 2010 Walmart,It's Foundations, associates and customers, supported organizations worldwide with $624 million in charitable contributions.
    I wish they'd go back to Sam's way... American products FIRST, then look for the others. Alas, the kids want the $$$
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I wish they'd go back to Sam's way... American products FIRST, then look for the others. Alas, the kids want the $$$
    Sam's way was in a different time in a different world. Not saying it is better, not saying it is worse, just saying it is what it is.