Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Climate Alarmist Calls For Burning Down Skeptics’ Homes 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a fucking moron...

“Let’s start keeping track of them…let’s make them pay”

Paul Joseph Watson

Infowars.com
    Thursday, April 19, 2012

Writing for Forbes Magazine, climate change alarmist Steve Zwick calls for skeptics of man-made global warming to be tracked, hunted down and have their homes burned to the ground, yet another shocking illustration of how eco-fascism is rife within the environmentalist lobby.

Comparing climate change skeptics to residents in Tennessee who refused to pay a $75 fee, resulting in firemen sitting back and watching their houses burn down, Zwick rants that anyone who actively questions global warming propaganda should face the same treatment.

“We know who the active denialists are – not the people who buy the lies, mind you, but the people who create the lies. Let’s start keeping track of them now, and when the famines come, let’s make them pay. Let’s let their houses burn. Let’s swap their safe land for submerged islands. Let’s force them to bear the cost of rising food prices,” writes Zwick, adding, “They broke the climate. Why should the rest of us have to pay for it?”

I think dear Steve needs to check into a rubber room...
    May the FORCE be with you!

C'mon by, Steve...

I'll be next to the burning tires.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Wouldn't that enhance 'climate change"
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nah! The thick, black, billowing smoke will make it easier for him to find his way...

I assume that you were asking me...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That was my first thought.

My second thought was that probably the average climate-change-skeptic produces no more or less carbon than the average global-warming-evangelist. And Al Gore jetting around the world and owning multiple homes isn't exactly leading by example. This is actually a great example of our talk-is-cheap politics of the 21st century. I'm pretty sure the people I debate global warming with in real life drive a car with comparable MPG (I actually drive on the weekends and take the metro to work, so ha!) and live in a house with a comparable heating bill. Buy the same food. Live the same western lifestyle.

So if nobody is choosing to make the "omg global warming" sacrifices, why are we even having the debate?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    So if nobody is choosing to make the "omg global warming" sacrifices, why are we even having the debate?
    Because it's a hoax. Global Warming was always a scam to force public acceptance for greater government control of the economy. It's also a convenient way to give hysterics an excuse to blame Republicans for the weather.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I am extremely disappointed in Forbes for allowing anything like this anywhere in their publications. They know better and have editorialized against AGW in the past. As a subscriber I will be posting up commentary to this end with them.

Stupidity personified Mr. Zwick.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I am extremely disappointed in Forbes for allowing anything like this anywhere in their publications. They know better and have editorialized against AGW in the past. As a subscriber I will be posting up commentary to this end with them.

Stupidity personified Mr. Zwick.
    On the contrary, Forbes is brilliant. We can cite all of the facts, but until people see the mindset of the AGW loons, they won't understand that this is a totalitarian obsession. Bravo, Forbes, for letting their own words expose them.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

You do have a point.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Because it's a hoax. Global Warming was always a scam to force public acceptance for greater government control of the economy. It's also a convenient way to give hysterics an excuse to blame Republicans for the weather.
    What is your evidence for it being a hoax or a scam?

The response to large scale climate change may indeed involve greater government intervention in the economy, but that doesn't make it a hoax. The government and certain special interests may even be intentionally exploiting the climate change phenomenon for financial gain, but that doesn't make it a hoax.

It may even, as you claim, be a platform to launch attacks on the Republican party for political reasons, but again, this doesn't mean it's a hoax.

Just because something can be exploited by certain groups for financial or political gain doesn't necessarily mean that those groups are fabricating it, or that it is a "hoax".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scienti...climate_change

97–98% of the most published climate researchers say humans are causing global warming.[106] In another study 97.4% of publishing climatologists and just under 90% of earth scientists, broadly construed, say that significant man made global warming is occurring. Of those who didn't, most were unsure.
    This consensus is shared by American groups as well as international groups of scientists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_controversy

The global warming controversy includes a variety of disputes about the nature, causes, and consequences of global warming. The debates are more in the popular media than in the scientific literature.[1][2] The disputed issues involve the causes of increased global average air temperature, especially since the mid-20th century, whether such a warming trend is unprecedented or within normal climatic variations, whether humankind has contributed significantly to it, and whether the increase is wholly or partially an artifact of poor measurements. Additional disputes concern estimates of climate sensitivity, predictions of additional warming, and what the consequences of global warming will be.

In the scientific literature, there is a strong consensus that global surface temperatures have increased in recent decades and that the trend is caused mainly by human-induced emissions of greenhouse gases.[3][4][5] No scientific body of national or international standing disagrees with this view,[6] though a few organizations hold non-committal positions.[7]

While I certainly can agree with you that there may be financial and/or political motivations behind the people who respond to the global warming issue, I don't see how that discredits the science. Can you see how just as there are people who look to gain financially and politically from the global warming issue, there are also people and groups who look to gain financially and politically from denying the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.