Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 The left...why hide their message? 
    Gay marriage is up for a vote in our state this May. An amendment to the state constitution that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman. Simple enough.

Signs are popping up in support and opposition of the amendment. Most of the support signs say "Marriage - One Man One Woman - Vote Yes on Amendment One"

The signs against say "Vote against Amendment One".

Why can't the left just say what it means?

Why not signs that say "Bone Smugglers should be able to marry too" or "Let Lezzies Live in Matrimony"?

rm -rf obama*

I already turned in my ballot for May 8. I don't look into all the political games of the issue. I just ask myself a couple simple questions:

Does it affect me if two men and women marry? No
    Is it equal treatment if two men and women who love each other are not allowed to get married? No

I just look at it in black and white. I understand I will be in the minority on here, if not, the only one, and fully expect to catch hell. With that said, I will reiterate: It does not make my day any better or worse if two men are allowed to marry each other. I just don't understand the hysteria around it. I accept and respect anyone's religious beliefs and those inherent reasons for it, I just ask for someone to create an argument based on legal reasons, not religious beliefs. To each their own. I just want everyone to have the same opportunities as I do.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    ................. I just want everyone to have the same opportunities as I do.
    They already do.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I already turned in my ballot for May 8. I don't look into all the political games of the issue. I just ask myself a couple simple questions:

Is it equal treatment if two men and women who love each other are not allowed to get married? No

I just look at it in black and white. I understand I will be in the minority on here, if not, the only one, and fully expect to catch hell. With that said, I will reiterate: It does not make my day any better or worse if two men are allowed to marry each other. I just don't understand the hysteria around it. I accept and respect anyone's religious beliefs and those inherent reasons for it, I just ask for someone to create an argument based on legal reasons, not religious beliefs. To each their own. I just want everyone to have the same opportunities as I do.
    The question asked in the OP was why can't they be honest about it on their campaign signs.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post

Why can't the left just say what it means?
    Because they are mentally defective and don't know what anything means...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Because it's legal, doesn't make it moral or right. Just because it doesn't affect you personally, doesn't mean it doesn't affect society as a whole. Part of the problem America has now, is the "ME" mentality...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Whether you know it or not,am willing to admit it or not, the disintegration of the nuclear family has already had an affect on you and everyone in society. I fail to grasp the Ideology that what happens beyond the end of ones nose has no effect on them. The Moral underpinnings of a civil society are rotting away all in the name of if it feels good do it.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Because it's legal, doesn't make it moral or right. Just because it doesn't affect you personally, doesn't mean it doesn't affect society as a whole. Part of the problem America has now, is the "ME" mentality...
    Because it is in scripture doesn't make it moral or right, either. That is my point. And to comment about the Left's signs and what not: I don't know, I stopped trying to figure them out a long time ago.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Whether you know it or not,am willing to admit it or not, the disintegration of the nuclear family has already had an affect on you and everyone in society. I fail to grasp the Ideology that what happens beyond the end of ones nose has no effect on them. The Moral underpinnings of a civil society are rotting away all in the name of if it feels good do it.
    Zeus, respectfully of course, if it has affected me, I haven't noticed. I have a good life with good friends. They are all doing just fine. In fact, for the first time in a long time there are no issues in my life or those of my friends. And gay marriage would not harm the moral underpinnings as you put it. It would allow people who love each other to commit to each other just as I did to my wife. That is not immoral.

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    The signs against say "Vote against Amendment One".
    Isn't that pretty much the whole concept? We all know what Amendmant One will/would do. They don't really have to romanticize it.

Power Point Ranger