Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    If you wanna go down this route and talk about marriage in its original form, love had nothing to do with it. It was simply a trade agreement to gain land, power, etc.
    Another gay marriage thread, Thanks Eagle Express.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I've been saying this for years. We now live in a ME society. What that means is that most people, it seems, want to do what they want to do, other's be damned. For example, we've all had this. You go to a movie theater and there's always at least 1 or 2 idiots who want to talk through the whole movie and if you dare to say something, they act like you're putting them out. Or let me give you another example, I was in a deli line one day, one of those rare one's that didn't have one of those little ticket things. Well, it was crowded but not banging crowded. I was 3rd in line when this older guy comes in, you know the type, the one's who act like they own the place and stands there when one of the counter help asks who was next and he jumped up and said he was next. Uh huh. I don't let that crap go and told the clerk who was really next(this older woman). This guy, it seemed, thought we were all waiting there in line for him to jump in front of us. He's lucky I didn't belt him. But the basic philosophy these days is "what I wanna do when I wanna do it".
    I try not to get upset by stupid or inconsiderate people in traffic as it does no good that I can tell. But without fail as the well behaved citizens sit in the exit lane for the airport, some jackass thinks we're all idiots apparently, that we just don't know that you can run up the right hand land and then jump in the traffic. I don't know who to be angrier at: the guy who does this or the moron asleep at the switch who allows him to pull in front. As a rule, I have a philosophy that it's not my right to be generous with other people's time.

There was a time when courtesy dictated that you not block a curb cutout near an intersection. Now, someone who wants to do something illegal will pull out in front of your good manners, and then block you while he tries to make an illegal left turn across four lanes so he can go into Church's chicken without driving around the block. You end up missing the light and so do the people behind you. So I don't permit that anymore.

Somedays I miss my old GMC urban assault vehicle. No one messed with me then. Now I'm all shiny waxed and showroom and they know Im bluffing.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I try not to get upset by stupid or inconsiderate people in traffic as it does no good that I can tell. But without fail as the well behaved citizens sit in the exit lane for the airport, some jackass thinks we're all idiots apparently, that we just don't know that you can run up the right hand land and then jump in the traffic. I don't know who to be angrier at: the guy who does this or the moron asleep at the switch who allows him to pull in front. As a rule, I have a philosophy that it's not my right to be generous with other people's time.

There was a time when courtesy dictated that you not block a curb cutout near an intersection. Now, someone who wants to do something illegal will pull out in front of your good manners, and then block you while he tries to make an illegal left turn across four lanes so he can go into Church's chicken without driving around the block. You end up missing the light and so do the people behind you. So I don't permit that anymore.

Somedays I miss my old GMC urban assault vehicle. No one messed with me then. Now I'm all shiny waxed and showroom and they know Im bluffing.
    It's idiots like that, that run up the cost of Insurance for all of us , but I bet those idiots pay even more.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's idiots like that, that run up the cost of Insurance for all of us , but I bet those idiots pay even more.
    A surprising number of them are driving BMW cars. Or perhaps I only notice it when it's a BMW.

I started reading this thread, then I stopped and thought, 'What's in it for me?'
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I started reading this thread, then I stopped and thought, 'What's in it for me?'
    I'm going to wait until later when the fight starts, it is more entertaining for me that way!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm going to wait until later when the fight starts, it is more entertaining for me that way!
    By then you'll be on the lamb and have disappeared from sight.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

read what?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    Ah yes, that was you wasn't it. You were referring to gay marriage by this. I'm sorry, but two men getting married, paying a mortage, and possibly raising a child isn't going to bring about the downfall of western civilization. You wanna talk about the sanctity of marriage, how about we talk about vain, shallow celebrities like Kim Kardashian and others like her treating marriage as a joke. I agree with you, marriage has been ruined in this country, but it wasn't the gays that did it. It was a mix of celebrity and pop culture. I know you're opposed to it for religious reasons, but as someone who grew up ambivalent toward the idea of religion, I fail to see your religious sensibilities as sufficient enough reason to deny a group of people the same privileges that heterosexuals enjoy

On edit: I'm not trying to insult your religion, I've known alot of wonderful Christians myself. But I just cannot understand why people take what was in a book written thousands of years ago in a completely different time and culture so damn seriously. I mean yea, there's some good nuggets of wisdom in there, but as something to place blind faith in to the point where you think everybody who doesn't believe the same as you is not only wrong but is going to hell for all eternity? Really?
    I have written and re-written this post a couple of times ...

First off, I have never said that gay marriage was going to be the downfall of western civilization. The Left in this country are doing enough to ensure that prospect themselves. The twisting of our values and morals and sensabilities knows no bounds. People, it seems, no longer want to take the time to do what's right, they want right now...
    Divorce rates? No Fault divorce laws. In some cases voted on by people who said, "It doesn't affect ME"... At first it didn't, but now it does. How many people would've married, if marriages were more difficult to dissolve? Answer me that.

I want you to list for me what gay couples do not have access to that straight couples do...

Your edit. It's called FAITH... and yes, really. It is all spelled out in the Bible, for those whom to to heed the operator's manual...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    read what?
    Retread. What are you going on about tonight? You are confusing the hell outta me....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot