Thread: spOILed

Hybrid View

1. #1 spOILed 
    When it comes to what we’re told about oil, there’s rhetoric and then there’s reality. Who can we believe? The media? Politicians? Environmental activists?
    I'm waiting for my opportunity to see this. Don't expect it to be generally available.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

3. #3 Very well sritten 
    The President Is Chasing a Ghost He Can't Catch

Romney needs someone like this in his advisory group.....

Oil Price Manipulation, Gas Prices and the Free Market

Gasoline prices at the pump have never been proven to be a direct consequence of oil price manipulation. But it's widely conjectured.

Believe me, I hate paying more just as much as the next person, but get over it.

Geopolitical tensions, supply constrictions, war, tyrants with spigots and other buyers are the real factors at work and they always have been. When risks go up, so do prices – that's the way free markets work.

Apple didn't produce nearly 115 million iPhones and iPads in 2011 for kicks. It did it because there's huge demand for its products and it can make big bucks.

Things are just more critical now because we've failed to develop a comprehensive energy policy over the past 50 years at a time when global demand is increasing rapidly in absolute terms.

The president wants votes in an election year; this is pure political pandering.

For example, China's per capital oil consumption has increased by 350% since the early 1980s.

The International Energy Agency estimates that China alone will account for 42% of global oil demand by 2015. And it is one of the slow growers with consumption rising a mere 100% in the last 10 years.

If you think living with oil is bad.......

Try living without it.

Energy: The administration has tried for three years to kick-start a "green economy." But fossil fuels still dominate for lots of good reasons. It's time for a return to reality.

After hitting bottom in September 2008 — when its total of 117.9 million barrels was the lowest since World War II — domestic crude oil production has bounded back smartly. In January of this year, according to the Energy Information Administration, it reached 188.9 million barrels, a monthly total not seen since the 1990s.

The all-time high of 308.3 million barrels, reached in December 1970, doesn't seem so far off, mainly because there is so much oil still in the ground. The EIA now estimates that the U.S. holds 198 billion barrels in "technically recoverable" conventional crude.

This is oil that could be extracted with today's drilling technology, and it does not include "unconventional" oil that might be produced from shale and tar sands. Just last week, the U.S. Geological Survey pegged the technically recoverable crude outside the U.S. at 565 billion barrels.

Put another way, the U.S. is estimated to hold 26% of the world's 763 billions of crude oil that is believed accessible to drilling.

6. #6 USGS Updates 2000 Estimates Of Undiscovered, Conventional Oil, Gas 
    With the latest estimate released April 18, world resources of undiscovered, technically recoverable, conventional resources are estimated at 565 billion barrels of oil; 5,606 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of natural gas; and 167 billion barrels of natural gas liquids (NGL).
    These new estimates are for conventional oil and gas resources only. Unconventional oil and gas resources, such as shale gas, tight oil, tight gas, coalbed gas, heavy oil and oil sands, may be significant around the world, but are not included in these numbers.
    More here

A fact sheet is available. http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2012/3042/