1. #1 Yep, in Florida!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    In fact, right here on the Sarasota Bayfront!!!

SARASOTA - The city's iconic smooching sailor statue is headed to New Jersey for some repair work after getting hit by a car Thursday afternoon.
    Facts

PHOTO GALLERY

CLICK HERE: To see more photos from the crash scene and aftermath.

The impact knocked a hole about the size of a microwave oven out of the sailor's foot.

Fearing that "Unconditional Surrender" might topple if they moved the Mercedes E350 that struck it, city officials left the car embedded in the sculpture for hours — which of course made Sarasota's favorite roadside attraction even more of a curiosity.

"I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought it was staged," said Marianne Goslawski, a snowbird who passed on her way to Selby Gardens and made a U-turn to find out what was happening.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I didn't know there was a statue made from the famous picture! Great! I read where they interviewed the nurse a couple of years ago, but I don't think the sailor was ever identified. It wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I didn't know there was a statue made from the famous picture! Great! I read where they interviewed the nurse a couple of years ago, but I don't think the sailor was ever identified. It wasn't me.
    Glenn Edward McDuffie
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Does she know everyone can see up her skirt?
    Be Not Afraid.

I'm sure many of the elite here are glad that the statue will be gone. They love to diss it because they don't think it's high class enough for them. One time they had a bunch of tangled up junked cars displayed as sculpture. Now that in my humble opinion wasn't great art. This has a certain nostalgia about it.

We saw the huge legs on a truck going down Hwy 41 when they returning the statue from its last repair job. With the elderly population here, I'm amazed that it hasn't been hit sooner. What's really scary is that usually every time we drive by that statue on our way to Mote Marine Aquarium/Research facility, there are quite a few people under those legs having their picture taken.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Y'all should get a giant version of this as a filler just to piss them off, SLW.

"The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)