Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Is the GOP becoming obsolete? 
    I'm afraid the GOP has come to a crossroads. It's core leadership no longer represents it's platform. It hasn't for some time now.

On one side you have a few who really believe in the small government cut spending..... types like Sen Mike Lee who I'm starting to admire.....and on the other side you have your big spending big government who change their tune during the election cycle to sound hip.......types like Mitt Romney. I know some find it difficult to separate "conservatism" from the "GOP". But it has never been one in the same and people are starting to come around to that. They are also taking leadership positions locally.

I don't know if any of you are actually engaged in local level politics. but there are fights going on at the local levels in many localities throughout the country in protest of who the GOP is about to nominate for the 2nd time in 4 years. In some states like my own and Missouri, the tea party types have made some headway...taking leadership positions that were currently long held establishment strongholds. In other states like Pennsylvania and many NE states.....not so much. That shouldn't surprise anyone because a NE conservative is the same as a football bat.

I don't think some of you realize what type of massive Exodus is getting ready to happen when Romney is the nominee. Tea Party types and Conservatives are heading for the exit doors. It is shaping up to be even worse than in the 2008 GE. I'm afraid you all are getting ready to witness an ass kicking worse than McCain got in 08'.

I remember back then at my local meetings there were maybe 3-5 people who had come around to this line of thinking and felt similar to myself. Tea party was brand new, and some conservatives were still trying to tell themselves McCain was one of them. I had been around a long time, but most of the mass thought we were being foolish and prideful. This time around....about 30 to 40. I'm talking about in a GOP mass meeting of about 100 to 150 people. That's enough to have major local influence...to make people listen. You really don't see the same tone as before.

One congressman in my state who has never had a serious challenger and in some years never had a challenger at all is in some serious trouble. This time around he has 2 major challenges to his seat. It's a pretty awesome day when a once Conservative poster boy congressman like Goodlatte is now being told by two challengers he is not conservative enough.

The GOP better wake up pretty soon because one of several things is going to happen. Either it will be a defunct party like the Whigs in 2016 because it destroyed it's own conservative base and simply become a parody left leaning "Democrat light party" that it is currently been working toward since 2000. Or just maybe the tea party types will get hold of the reigns by 2016. I haven't been alive long enough to watch a political party commit suicide so this is both exhilarating and maddening at the same time having at one time supported the GOP so strongly.

I think some of you better decide which side you are on after the Big O' is anointed for another 4 more shitty years. The GOP has only itself to blame for this idiot being in office.

In other words: If you think Bush did a bang up great job.....you might not be ready and are part of the problem.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Let's dismantle it and reassemble it after the election, if the emperor wins again there is no need.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Seems as though we have many who would rather see Obama re-elected than vote for Romney. When that happens, not only can all of you kiss my ass but damned you for allowing it to happen not to mention that you would have no grounds for complaint.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Seems as though we have many who would rather see Obama re-elected than vote for Romney. When that happens, not only can all of you kiss my ass but damned you for allowing it to happen not to mention that you would have no grounds for complaint.
    I have yet to see any of them demonstrate in a logical way how Obama winning would make us better off the next 4 years.
    Obama second term would be national suicide, especially in the courts which I have mentioned in another thread.
    Trying to talk to these people and convince them is pissing in the wind, they don't read the replies to our posts with anything resembling comprehension and they come back and ask the same questions the next day.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I agree, no way is Romney worse then the magic negro so if you are "gonna sit this one out" cause you dont like him I have two words for you f#$k you. When this country falls it will be your fault.

I'm am about to the point of taking these "I'm going to take my dolly and go home" threads and put them in gibberish.
    How many times do we have to rehash this bullshit?

Yep... Damn GOP party chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm am about to the point of taking these "I'm going to take my dolly and go home" threads and put them in gibberish.
    How many times do we have to rehash this bullshit?

As oppossed to "Cover my ears and La La La La...I don't want to hear what's happening".

Look.....You don't have to enertain it at all....but it's not going away and it's not just a few people. I'm just trying to tell you all what's going on. You ignore it if you want too.

Things shaping up for turnout worse than 08'.....

get it?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

You got it, Molon. Despite my Libertarian views, I have been a registered Republican all my life. And I do actually agree with you guys on a lot of topics, which is why I go for the hopefully peaceful discussions on more controversial issues that we disagree on. The Republican Party has swayed away from their small-government message. It's people like Sen. McCain calling for US action in every country that has a scuffle in MENA. No, sir. Not I. I am not here to help the Libyans. I am here to defend the Americans. Things like No Child Left Behind didn't work, the PATRIOT Act, I feel, is too invasive. CISPA just got passed. Yeah, you can say good bye to my Rep. in North Carolina. I won't be voting for him again. Unfortunately my Senators are safe this year.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yep... Damn GOP party chairs.

As oppossed to "Cover my ears and La La La La...I don't want to hear what's happening".

Look.....You don't have to enertain it at all....but it's not going away and it's not just a few people. I'm just trying to tell you all what's going on. You ignore it if you want too.

Things shaping up for turnout worse than 08'.....

get it?
    something something something nothing will be read by you anyway something else and that other thing.

Fabulous Poster
    Allow me to universalize this: Our current political parties apparently function to allow mediocrity to rise to the top. OK, so I sort of stole that from Ayn Rand, but you know how I feel about foreigners.