Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    It was NOT bullshit in Biblical times to prohibit the eating of shellfish. They were pretty much available in areas that were polluted by human waste back then. Technology had not developed to the point of having shellfish being safe to eat. Many such things are found in the Bible.

Upon closer examination, nearly all of the rules and things you cite had a specific purpose - and helped to keep the population healthy and civil.

Times have changed and technology has helped us deal with some of the issues, but the social ills many of your cited instances are STILL detrimental to society today.
    No. You can't do that. That's cafeteria christianity. That is precisely what Savage is talking about.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, Nova believes that it's OK for this guy to bully Christians because in his mind Christians bully gays so by that logic then blacks should be free to lynch whites. You know, the 2 wrongs make a right theory.
    He wasn't bullying Christians. He was debunking the idea that anti-gay discrimination and bullying is moral, righteous, and contiguous with a consistent philosophy (cultural artifact actually). You cannot use the Bible as a weapon and then claim that it's off limits because it's a religious book.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post

Did you totally skip the part where I said what Savage is doing is counterproductive to his cause?
    No I caught that part...but in between I also saw where you defended his egregious behavior.

You're trying to have it both ways.

Typical Libtard.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    What I'm saying is that if Dan Savage really did care about gay teens being bullied, he would a) tell bullied kids that they're not alone and help is out there if they want it.
    He has done that.

And b) Respectfully talk to christian youth about tolerating(not accepting, mind you) those that are different from them and not using the bible as a weapon
    It doesn't work that way. Like their parents, they get glassy eyed, go on some bullshit about loving the sinner, and a week later they are at the school board meeting trying to ban the use of the words "Gay" and "homosexual" in the schools.

The only thing Savage left out, and he may well have covered this in the speech after the You Tube selection stopped, is that Christianity is not the only bastion of backwardness and ignorance disguised as "deeply held beliefs". He should have discussed Islam and Hinduism as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    No I caught that part...but in between I also saw where you defended his egregious behavior.

You're trying to have it both ways.

Typical Libtard.
    I was defending his part in defining the term "Santorum". That, to me, is not bullying because like I said, Rick Santorum is and adult and was at the time in a position of power. As an elected official making a public statement, what he said was fair game. I'm not defending Savage's attitude toward these christian kids

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    He has done that.

It doesn't work that way. Like their parents, they get glassy eyed, go on some bullshit about loving the sinner, and a week later they are at the school board meeting trying to ban the use of the words "Gay" and "homosexual" in the schools.

The only thing Savage left out, and he may well have covered this in the speech after the You Tube selection stopped, is that Christianity is not the only bastion of backwardness and ignorance disguised as "deeply held beliefs". He should have discussed Islam and Hinduism as well.
    Oh I agree with you. I've said before how I grew up ambivalent towards the idea of religion and have a hard time believing people take it as seriously as they do.

And I can understand you mentioning Islam, seeing as how it's slowly becoming more prevalent in America. But honestly, is Hinduism really all that prevalent here to merit mentioning?

I was defending his part in defining the term "Santorum". That, to me, is not bullying because like I said, Rick Santorum is and adult and was at the time in a position of power. As an elected official making a public statement, what he said was fair game. I'm not defending Savage's attitude toward these christian kids
    Whatever Libtard. You defend one part of his stupidity...you defend it all.

It's no different bullying a bunch of Christian kids than it is bullying and belittling and falsely smearing a public figure with an extremely gross sexual act.

Except in your Libtard mind because when someone disagrees with your political point of view then anything goes and no slight or smear is too low.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    ..... But honestly, is Hinduism really all that prevalent here to merit mentioning?
    I just tossed it in for luck.

Oh I agree with you. I've said before how I grew up ambivalent towards the idea of religion and have a hard time believing people take it as seriously as they do.

And I can understand you mentioning Islam, seeing as how it's slowly becoming more prevalent in America. But honestly, is Hinduism really all that prevalent here to merit mentioning?

Why don't you two just kiss and make it official.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Why don't you two just kiss and make it official.
    Dude, is there really a need to be this hostile?