Thread: What will your next car be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What will your next car be? 
    I have a relatively new 2009 Toyota Venza...but it has almost 70K miles on it. My work commute is an hour long and I also have taken quite a few road trips to North Georgia.

I usually don't keep cars too long...and usually trade them in before they hit the 100K mark.

The Venza is sort of like a cross over. It's not an SUV but has a roomy interior and good trunk space. It drives like a car. It's considered a wagon. I've come to like these wagons, they usually give you more storage space but drive like cars.

I still have about a year before I'm ready to buy, but have been looking at the Audi T3, also a wagon.

When I think of a wagon, I think of the Brady Bunch station wagon, but today's wagons are much nicer, imo. Smooth drive, more room than a sedan, more storage and better mpg's than an SUV.

In this economy, a shopping cart!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Is this a fantasy thread?

Hawkgirl, agree with your thinking on the "wagons". The manufacturers don't like to call their vehicles "wagons", but call them crossovers or in BMW's case, they call them "touring" cars.

No matter what they're called, I like the "wagons". Our 2007 3 series BMW only has about 42k miles on it, so we'll probably keep it for some time. It's been very reliable. I love having the wagon, as it's so good for hauling stuff, including the two greyhounds, yet it handles like a "driving machine". I had a 5 series wagon before, but like the smaller one better, more agile.

We got it some time ago when it was owned by the dealership and used as a service loaner. It only had about 10k on it and we got a deep discounted price.

That Audi sounds good. I had two of them years ago. The first one I bought used and after fixing a minor problem, it was good for years. The 2nd one I bought from a dealer and hated it. But that was quite a while ago. I've heard that they're good cars.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Is this a fantasy thread?
    no. I didn't post a pic of a ferrari, did I?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Hawkgirl, agree with your thinking on the "wagons". The manufacturers don't like to call their vehicles "wagons", but call them crossovers or in BMW's case, they call them "touring" cars.

No matter what they're called, I like the "wagons". Our 2007 3 series BMW only has about 42k miles on it, so we'll probably keep it for some time. It's been very reliable. I love having the wagon, as it's so good for hauling stuff, including the two greyhounds, yet it handles like a "driving machine". I had a 5 series wagon before, but like the smaller one better, more agile.

We got it some time ago when it was owned by the dealership and used as a service loaner. It only had about 10k on it and we got a deep discounted price.

That Audi sounds good. I had two of them years ago. The first one I bought used and after fixing a minor problem, it was good for years. The 2nd one I bought from a dealer and hated it. But that was quite a while ago. I've heard that they're good cars.
    I only bought used once, and it was a Mercedes Benz E350. My daughter came home in it from the hospital. But it didn't have much trunk space, and with a baby and the stroller, diaper bags and buying huge boxes of diapers, it just wasn't a right fit...I traded it for my Venza which has been reliable and useful for my purposes.
    I usually have MB's or Lexus cars...never owned a BMW. Have always wanted an AUDI. I never test drove one, but I recall many years ago sitting in one at a showroom and it impressed me. I didn't buy it as I bought the small MB coupe at the time.
    My life is different now and saving up for my daughter's college and probably private parochial school, I probably won't be splurging on any more MB's for a while.

The Audi looks nice.

I drive about 12 miles to work so miles are not an issue.

I did almost buy a vette at a car show two weekends ago. The price was right. The bank was still open....I walked away and never did call the guy back. I will hang onto the money as I have some better ideas.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I had an Audi 5000S and loved that car. I like the one you're looking at.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Something like this I hope.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

We want to replace the current minivan with a wagon - but not a crossover or such but a real wagon. The Ford Flex looked real good until we found only the front seats to be adjustable. What we are finding is that NO ONE builds what we need.
    My wife’s ideal would be a vehicle with occasional seating for 5 and space for a lift for her power chair. We are currently in a 2000 Olds silhouette with 4 captains chairs and one of the 3rd row seats removed. This works but the ride is a little stiff and sway is excessive (yes, we have owned it since 1999 but have put up with the problems). My wife would prefer a ride more like her 1993 Olds 98 but the idea of a bumper mounted chair lift completely puts her off. She prefers it to be housed inside the vehicle.
    We have consulted with an adaptive driving outfit but they have no recommendations beyond the three minivans that comprise the major portion of their sales, Toyota, Odyssey and the Caravan/Town & Country.
    The “station wagon” model seems perfect but none we’ve looked at have the adaptability either from the seat problem with the Ford to the vertically short doors of a Volvo.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.