Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1 Working vs. Fighting 
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    88
    Awhile back ago, I was watching a video from Penn Jillette. He was talking about the tea party and how they're "fighting" for America. When asked about joining them, he said that he doesn't fight for anything, but will work toward something. I tend to agree with him. Alot of people are framing this election as a "Battle for America's Soul" and whatnot and I'm....just not buying into that. Sure, I think the country is heading in the wrong direction and I won't be voting for Obama in November, but I can't bring myself to believe that we really are spiraling headlong into Armageddon. I will gladly work toward building a better America anyway I can, but I'm not going to "fight" for anything seeing as how I don't believe in anything strongly enough to do so

    Does any of this make sense? Am I onto something, or just a spineless pussy? Would love to hear what everybody hear thinks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    Am I onto something, or just a spineless pussy? Would love to hear what everybody hear thinks
    You're an idiot.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Cool story bro
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    Awhile back ago, I was watching a video from Penn Jillette. He was talking about the tea party and how they're "fighting" for America. When asked about joining them, he said that he doesn't fight for anything, but will work toward something. I tend to agree with him. Alot of people are framing this election as a "Battle for America's Soul" and whatnot and I'm....just not buying into that. Sure, I think the country is heading in the wrong direction and I won't be voting for Obama in November, but I can't bring myself to believe that we really are spiraling headlong into Armageddon. I will gladly work toward building a better America anyway I can, but I'm not going to "fight" for anything seeing as how I don't believe in anything strongly enough to do so

    Does any of this make sense? Am I onto something, or just a spineless pussy? Would love to hear what everybody hear thinks
    The roads to tyrannies are paved with the bones of people like you.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    ......................

    Does any of this make sense? Am I onto something, or just a spineless pussy? Would love to hear what everybody hear thinks
    In order:
    No.
    A spineless pussy.
    Total dickwad that needs to move to Cuba with wee-wee.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    The roads to tyrannies are paved with the bones of people like you.
    Yea, I've heard similar things before
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    In order:
    No.
    A spineless pussy.
    Total dickwad that needs to move to Cuba with wee-wee.
    Move to Cuba, no. I would however love to visit there. Whatever I may feel about the government I've heard nothing but good things about the people, the food, and the scenery
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    Yea, I've heard similar things before
    Then maybe you should pay attention to what people are trying to tell you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Then maybe you should pay attention to what people are trying to tell you.
    I am. And if I really believe, I mean REALLY and TRULy believed we were one election away from Socialism/Communism/*insert any other ism here* then I'd be ready to take up arms and fight. But, I just don't see that. I see alot of hyperbole from both sides about the latest "Most important election EVAR!", but I will not allow myself to get angry at politics when I feel there's no need. I'm certainly not denying that Obama is bad for the country, but I can't bring myself to really and truly hate the man.

    That's just my two cents. If you can got something else to say to that, by all means. But if you want me to listen, do it in a respectful manner. It's the same I would do for anybody else
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    I am. And if I really believe, I mean REALLY and TRULy believed we were one election away from Socialism/Communism/*insert any other ism here* then I'd be ready to take up arms and fight. But, I just don't see that. I see alot of hyperbole from both sides about the latest "Most important election EVAR!", but I will not allow myself to get angry at politics when I feel there's no need. I'm certainly not denying that Obama is bad for the country, but I can't bring myself to really and truly hate the man.

    That's just my two cents. If you can got something else to say to that, by all means. But if you want me to listen, do it in a respectful manner. It's the same I would do for anybody else
    Take another Valium.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •