1. #1 Parents Sue School District Over Cheating Policy 
    Parents Sue School District Over Cheating Policy
    http://www.kcra.com/r/30959947/detail.html

Cheating is unfair. Talk about enabling right there!

In most cases this will doom the kid to a lifetime of feeling entitled.

Good luck to you kid, wherever you are. Hang tough, own up to what you did and remember, sometimes there is just a right and a wrong. You were wrong. Your parents are now wrong. You are the only hope that this thing will come out in your favor.

I've heard of threats to expel kids from school because of cheating. I do sometimes think things go too far. I often think other forms of discipline would be better. However, in this case, we're talking about advanced classes. If you need to cheat to do well in an advanced class, then you don't need to be in there.

I do think one of the problems is that teachers are not allowed to discipline kids anymore. Everything is considered to be too much to do to a kid.

From the article:

The Palo Alto Daily News says the teen was tossed from the class for copying another student's homework.

Jack Berghouse and his wife filed a lawsuit last week against the school district claiming their son's due process rights were violated.

The suit says the school's policies regarding punishment for cheating are vague and contradictory and shouldn't be enforced.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/30959947/de...#ixzz1tWcWOHGO
    Copying another kid's homework is a deliberate act. It's not like he forgot a citation in a paper or something equally trivial. The AP class is a privilege, not a right, and he knew the standards of conduct when he signed the policy memo on the honor code.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!