Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Occupy Wall Street: They're Back, But Does Anyone Care? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Not me...

Published: Monday, 30 Apr 2012 | 2:13 PM ET

After spending 2011 near the top of the news headlines, Occupy Wall Street finds itself in a struggle to regain relevance as a grassroots protest against corporate greed and Washington corruption.

The movement hopes to regain some of its mojo Tuesday, when it stages a nationwide May Day protest and celebration that will focus on a broad agenda of causes it hopes to push.

But with neither presidential candidate paying much attention to the OWS faction and the bloody protests in Europe seemingly quelled for the time being, this is a pivotal moment for the Occupy movement either to regain its footing, or risk being dismissed as a non-factor in the national dialogue.
    I guess they'll crap on more cop cars...

Morons.
    May the FORCE be with you!

WHO?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Zimmerman was supposed to give the whole thing a shot in the arm but that failed when his African heritage was discovered.
    Don't underestimate commies, they have more tricks up their sleeves and we will see the media giving them more time even if they lose money and ratings.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Don't underestimate commies, they have more tricks up their sleeves and we will see the media giving them more time even if they lose money and ratings.
    Correct, Rock. Is my opinion as well.

I agree with *you* SR, re not being interested in, and even dismissing the usual ragtag army of fools, known as the "OWS."

This year however ...

I dislike the thought of these various groups being infiltrated by the more aggressive, disparate, groups of organized "useful idiots" being bussed in by the unions, etc. to create a true "disturbance" tomorrow.

There are many more dissatisfied, unemployed, angry, clueless, under 30's folks with plenty of time on their hands ... and nothing better to do than join in and feel as if they are "making a difference."

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Their camp grounds from last fall are under construction now and the city has told them no over night bullshit anywhere else.

I haven't seen anything on the news about them around here so hopefully it stays that way.
    Be Not Afraid.

Leave manhole covers open in areas where they are protesting and they will disappear while texting.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Leave manhole covers open in areas where they are protesting and they will disappear while texting.

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It should be pretty interesting tomorrow...
    May the FORCE be with you!

The airport workers in Los Angeles are protesting.

The same people who steal from luggage when they don't just steal all the luggage are protesting unfair treatment. The same people who get paid to smuggle drugs into the country are protesting unfair wages. The same people who have humiliated the passengers and fondled their children want more benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    The airport workers in Los Angeles are protesting.

The same people who steal from luggage when they don't just steal all the luggage are protesting unfair treatment. The same people who get paid to smuggle drugs into the country are protesting unfair wages. The same people who have humiliated the passengers and fondled their children want more benefits.
    We did a PCS move out of Los Angeles once. They checked our then-infant daughter for weapons and frisked our cat (which was in a carrier). Given that we were travelling under orders, and that I was active duty military, you'd think that they'd be a little less idiotic about treating us as a risk and more attuned to people who are actually inclined to engage in terrorism.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!