Thread: STV haggling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    No I got free showtime/encore and a cut in price.
    I wonder what Monkey Nuggets had to do to get Bieber?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I refuse to pay full price for my DirectTV so whenever my current agreement is up and theY bill me for the full 82.00 it's time to make the call. It usually, as it did this time, starts with someone from India who says something almost unintelligible when they answer, I generally make them say "Directv what may I help you with" at least three times or until it at least has some resemblance to English, I then tell them I would like to cancel service, they say why you want to leave, I say better deal at dish network. They say ohhhh I will connect you to someone make better plan or cancel.
    The next person comes on the line, this time American with no accent, they ask why I want to leave, I say way too expensive. Now they always try to sell me a cheaper plan, I say what no Fox news but MSNBC and all the liberal news networks are included, do you discriminate against Conservatives? Silence, I then explain the wonders of dish network, how I can get everything I want for 32.00 cheaper, they say our service is better, I say I can't afford it.
    He says 20.00 per month off, I say no 30.00, he says thirty I say okay is that for two years, he says, how about 30 first year and 20 second year with free movie channels both years. I said sold! Am I the Only one that does this? I've done it 12 years and have as much as cut my bill in half sometimes.
    I do it with internet service and credit cards.

I ditched cable television about 2 yrs ago,get everything online I want to watch.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    No I got free showtime/encore and a cut in price.
    You guys are better negotiators than we are. Verizon tried to up our bill, but we managed to get it cut by $10 a month. I'm ashamed. I usually like to haggle with them longer. The problem is our only threat was to go to Comcast, and they're really bad here. One of my neighbors has C, and usually gets only a small percentage of her emails, phone service sucks, and has had problems with her TV. So our threats to leave didn't ring true, as we really had no place to go.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I wonder what Monkey Nuggets had to do to get Bieber?
    I haven't been able to get close enough to him to use my garrote. I'll let you know.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers