Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Local Wendy's just installed a big screen TV! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    You guessed it, it only shows eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil FOX News!!!

Tue May 1, 2012, 03:40 PM
    peace13

Local Wendy's just installed a big screen TV!

Today we went to our local Wendy's and lo and behold they have installed a big screen TV. We asked the manager if she would please change the channel and she said that they had tried that and it only shows black on other stations. Faux News there, as big as life. Seven months before a big election and they plunk that thing in the dining room.

I called the operating manager and l let him know that I was upset about the addition and he asked me what I had against *ox News. I let him know that it wasn't news and that we found it offensive. He asked what channel I would like to see and I let him know that I wouldn't direct anyone to a particular station but if they were insistent on showing TV, the weather channel might be as useful as any this time of year.

He said that he would pass the info to the owners and I let him know that we would be back next week and if *ox was still on that would be it for us. Our other peace nic friends were in there and they too were disgusted. If the regulars quit coming maybe it will mean something. This is sad because up until now the restaurant had been a neighborhood gathering place.
    Assuming this is true, how pathetic are people that let a Cable news station upset them at a stupid Wendy burger joint???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

4. #4 Local Wendy's just installed a big screen TV! 
    peace13

View profile

Local Wendy's just installed a big screen TV!
    Today we went to our local Wendy's and lo and behold they have installed a big screen TV. We asked the manager if she would please change the channel and she said that they had tried that and it only shows black on other stations. Faux News there, as big as life. Seven months before a big election and they plunk that thing in the dining room.

I called the operating manager and l let him know that I was upset about the addition and he asked me what I had against *ox News. I let him know that it wasn't news and that we found it offensive. He asked what channel I would like to see and I let him know that I wouldn't direct anyone to a particular station but if they were insistent on showing TV, the weather channel might be as useful as any this time of year.

He said that he would pass the info to the owners and I let him know that we would be back next week and if *ox was still on that would be it for us. Our other peace nic friends were in there and they too were disgusted. If the regulars quit coming maybe it will mean something. This is sad because up until now the restaurant had been a neighborhood gathering place.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002632685

Ohhhhnooooooooooo!!! I have not heard of to many fast food places installing tv's,,,first for me. But is'nt wendys part of corporate america that they hate so much? Then why would he be eating there?
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post

Heh!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Assuming this is true, how pathetic are people that let a Cable news station upset them at a stupid Wendy burger joint???
    One of the local McDonalds has a Tv, its on CNN and nobody who goes there could give a sh*t about it.

Major bouncy, just another Moonbat drama queen who doesn't have a life.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Jackpine Radical

10. A temporary fix, unfortunately.

If I were not so opposed to destructive actions, I would offer a low-tech solution"

Is that the brick that clunked Pitt?
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    One of the local McDonalds has a Tv, its on CNN and nobody who goes there could give a sh*t about it.

Major bouncy, just another Moonbat drama queen who doesn't have a life.
    Yepper! Bounce o rama.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Honestly. Who complains to the manager of a fast food joint about the channel on the TV? Who refuses to patronize a Wendy's because the TV is set to a station you don't like? Here's an idea. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

The BK near me has installed 3 or 4 flat screen tvs, so that wherever you are sitting, you can see one. Usually one is set to CNN, one to ESPN news, and one to the Tigers or some other sporting event.