Thread: What will your next car be?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Politically tired.
    Probably a Buick. It's been my last three cars and they're pretty good.

For ME?

The Subaru Outback 3.0. But that's likely to be a while. The last new car I bought for me was in 1990 and I'm still driving it; a GMC Sierra 4X4 Shortbed with a 5.7 liter V8, bucket seats, sunroof, and a whopping 400,000 miles on it. Took it for a ride today, in fact. Man, those pipes sound great!

Think I'll take the 4X4 hooks off the front and have them painted red to match the truck - that'll look good.

Yeah. It's going to be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Probably a Buick. It's been my last three cars and they're pretty good.
    Lanie... LANIE!....Wake up! That's a GM car.

We may be lookin at somethin along the lines of a rickshaw. We are fast running out of glue, rubber bands, baling wire and duct tape. Its amazing how fast the miles add up when you have to drive so far to engage in any kind of meaningful business. Fortunately we still have our old bicycles.

Actually its not quite that bad yet ... but the writing on the wall (survival mode) is not far behind. What do they say? Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst? Im thinking we (as a country and (for many of us) individually) havent hit bottom yet. You should see all the empty houses with all the belongings sitting next to the curb I see when I go cruising for yard sales. No delusions here. I hope I have enough boots and the GOP grows a pair, but Im pretty sure I know the outcome of that equation.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

We may be lookin at somethin along the lines of a rickshaw.
    I'll have to settle for just the shaw, I don't think I could afford Rick to pull it.
    A Rockashaw.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

In a few months, Ford Escape. We have a 2008 and it's been absolutely trouble free. We're keeping it and getting a 2013. The wife will get it and I'll use the 2008.

I was leery about it when we got it, especially the computerized 4wd and traction control feature, but it's proved itself repeatedly. We live about a quarter mile off the road on a dirt trail that becomes a mud bog in spring as snow melts. The Escape never failed, whether in 2+ feet of snow, *edit* as long as you remember to stop and clean the snow out of the radiator, or 8+ inches of thick, gooey mud. And, the V6 engine manages 24 to 25 mpg on the highway.
    Last edited by Chuck58; 05-02-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Probably another Mazda 3. My 2004 version got a new transmission at 100k so hopefully I'll get a few more years outta the girl. I'm loving not having a car payment and don't want to have to start again too soon!
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

im hanging on to my 95 4X4 truck. 125,000 and still runs fine. and paid off. car payments are not an option now
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Hawkgirl, agree with your thinking on the "wagons". The manufacturers don't like to call their vehicles "wagons", but call them crossovers or in BMW's case, they call them "touring" cars.

No matter what they're called, I like the "wagons".
    Our last station wagon was a Mercury Montego. I mention that, because it's what I compare new wagons to. I don't expect them to match the sheer size (width mostly) of the Montego, but something I wish car manufacturers would take into account is utility.

Our Montego wagon's cargo floor was metal. The back of the folding passenger seats was metal. It got scratched, but that was what it was for. It got wet and muddy, and you could clean it with paper towels and some windex. The carpet was dark green. The seats were vinyl. The interior of that car looked almost as good the day it was traded in (10 years later) as the the day we brought it home. Children, boats, animals, boxes, tools, bicycles, and all sorts of things have been hauled inside that wagon.

When I went looking for a new truck back in 2008 I wanted some basic things, things which you would expect any truck to have. I wanted vinyl seats, so that when I do yardwork or go to the beach I wouldn't mess up the upholstery. I wanted smooth surfaces which could be cleaned. I wanted vinryl floor mats which could be removed and hosed off, and metal floors with drain holes. Was it too much to ask for what is supposed to be a utility vehicle?

I found one such vehicle- the Ford Ranger. Unfortunately, everything else about it was an insult... except for the stake holes in the bed rails which would have been handy. But overall, I simply couldn't pay for the stripped down Ford Ranger when the basic Toyota Tacoma was such a better value.

I'm loving my 2012 Ford Focus. I used about 12 gallons of gas to drive 400 miles over the weekend.

My mom used part of her inheritence to order a 2012 red convertable Mustang. She's waiting to here from the dealership as to when it will be delivered. I'm hoping she has it by Mother's Day, so we can all see it and my sister's kids can take rides in it. I think she's going to have a fun summer-she ditched the creepy boyfriend right around the time Grandpa died.
    Last edited by noonwitch; 05-02-2012 at 11:34 AM.