Delicious Oven French Fries
Quick Info: 5 Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 238, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 163mg, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 48g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Protein: 5g
Carb Choices: 3
The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). Ingredients
- 4 large potato(es)
- 8 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 teaspoon pepper, red flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil, vegetable
1. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
2. Place potato strips in ice water, cover, and chill for one hour or longer.
3. Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
4. Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in plastic bag.
5. Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
6. Brush potatoes with oil.
7. Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
This sounds like a delicious recipe. I would have never thought to use allspice but going to try it. I also have never put the potatoes in ice water, just used my own made-up recipe for oven fries.