Thread: Oven Fried French Fries
#1 Oven Fried French Fries05-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Delicious Oven French Fries
Quick Info: 5 Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 238, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 163mg, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 48g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Protein: 5g
Carb Choices: 3
The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). Ingredients
- 4 large potato(es)
- 8 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 teaspoon pepper, red flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil, vegetable
1. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
2. Place potato strips in ice water, cover, and chill for one hour or longer.
3. Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
4. Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in plastic bag.
5. Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
6. Brush potatoes with oil.
7. Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
This sounds like a delicious recipe. I would have never thought to use allspice but going to try it. I also have never put the potatoes in ice water, just used my own made-up recipe for oven fries.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill & eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.” Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter
05-02-2012, 11:40 PM
May the FORCE be with you!
05-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Mmm.. looks good. Gonna have to try it.
Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
05-06-2012, 01:39 PM
SR, you do make me laugh ...
And you *do* know that SLW is doing her best to keep you on a healthy diet, don't you pumpkin? ...
Anyway, if you really do like "fries" and miss eating them, here is a super *simple* no-need-to-soak-in-cold-water-first-unadulterated-no-messing-with-the-flavor-of-them-oven-baked recipe. ...
THICK OVEN BAKED FRIES
- large, well scrubbed baking potatoes, left with with skins on
- cut into thick Texas sized slices (easier to turn over)
- place on foil lined cookie sheet, sprayed with cooking oil
- spray potatoes with Pam, or any flavored vegetable oil spray of your choice
- sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika
Bake @ 475 ... 10 minutes first side ... turn over, spray and season again ...and bake 5 mins. on other side.
SLW ... try it, he might just like it. I watch my fat intake as well, and these are delicious. Watch them , as I do not know how "hot" your oven gets at 475.
Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 05-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.Considered a black sheep by my mixed-bag of Liberal nutcase family members ... but still love them all anyway!!!
American By Choice ~ 1980
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|