Thread: Stupid Commercials

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Sometimes it's impossible to tell what they're pitching. They're not getting the biggest bang for their buck for their advertisers in my humble opinion
    No, it's not. They are always selling the same thing-sex. Buy this car, you'll get laid. Drink this beer, you'll get laid. Charley Murphy is cooking Johnsonville Brats so he can get laid.

Politically tired.
    I think the idea is to be funny and to catch people's attention that way.

I really like car insurance commercials. They're funny.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Let me give you examples of what I consider a stupid commercial: There's one where there are 2 women talking to each other, well, sobbing to each other, with subtitles. What's the product? Damned if I know. Then I saw another for some chain greasy spoon where the waitress is acting out their menu. What was the restaurant? Damned if I know. You want genius in advertising? The JG Wentworth commercials. Who doesn't know that song by heart? There are entire products and places I do not patronize because their commercials were so stupid. Hell, I didn't drink Snapple for years because of their stupid ad campaign showing Snapple bottles fornicating.
    Call JG Wentworth. 877-CASH-NOOOOOOOOOOOW. Call now!

lol.

Could you imagine people actually screaming out their windows "It's my money, and I want it now?"

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    thank god for the mute button
    DVR is a lifesaver too. Can't believe they haven't been outlawed. Just tape the 1 hour show and watch it in 40 minutes.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I think the idea is to be funny and to catch people's attention that way.

I really like car insurance commercials. They're funny.
    As an old advertising major, they are failing miserably. A stupid commercial can cause someone to change channels or tune it out or in my case, not but the product because the commercial is so stupid.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    DVR is a lifesaver too. Can't believe they haven't been outlawed. Just tape the 1 hour show and watch it in 40 minutes.
    onDemand is better. Watch the show with zero commercials and nothing to fast forward.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

I really hate to admit this. The Allstate "mayhem" commercials are the best... as far as ads go
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    No, it's not. They are always selling the same thing-sex. Buy this car, you'll get laid. Drink this beer, you'll get laid. Charley Murphy is cooking Johnsonville Brats so he can get laid.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I really hate to admit this. The Allstate "mayhem" commercials are the best... as far as ads go
    Sorry boss but those are amongst the most stupid in my book.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I like the actor, he was on HBO's OZ, playing the sociopathic Ryan O'Reilly.

I also like the Farmer's ads, which also feature a former actor on OZ, the guy who played white supremecist Schillenger. Those ads are hilarious, where he is the teacher to the new agents, and he's creating disasters for them to deal with, like the huge lint ball he set on fire.