Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm tired of Debbie Boones you light up my life saggy faced plastic surgery commercial.
    I heard the song so many times when she came out with it I wanted to vomit chunks then, now they play the first three words of it every 20 minutes on Fox, I want to scream!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Nationwide Ins.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I like the actor, he was on HBO's OZ, playing the sociopathic Ryan O'Reilly.

I also like the Farmer's ads, which also feature a former actor on OZ, the guy who played white supremecist Schillenger. Those ads are hilarious, where he is the teacher to the new agents, and he's creating disasters for them to deal with, like the huge lint ball he set on fire.
    He's better as J. Jonah Jameson
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

No, it's not. They are always selling the same thing-sex. Buy this car, you'll get laid. Drink this beer, you'll get laid. Charley Murphy is cooking Johnsonville Brats so he can get laid.
    Years ago, I did a stint in the recruiting command for the National Guard Bureau where I took some of the promotional materials and created a fake ad, which had my boss in stitches. I took a photo of a troopie who had a bit of a wiseass smirk on his face, Photoshopped a few lipstick imprints on him, and added the following copy:
    It’s The Uniform

Okay, forget about the college fund. You’re barely getting through high school. We’ll stop telling you about career opportunities in fields that you can’t spell. Forget that crap. We really do understand you. We were young once. We know exactly what you want.

You want to get laid.

No problem.

Here’s the deal: You join the Army National Guard this year, go away to basic training for the summer, we’ll get you seriously buffed, teach you to inflict pain and put money in your pocket, and then, instead of sending you to some third world hellhole like the active army does, we’ll put you back home. You’ll come back in September totally ripped, with cash, a military wardrobe (chicks dig uniforms) and the combat skills to stuff jocks in their gym lockers. You’ll be lethal. Girls love tough guys. You’ll get more bumper than a body shop. Just call 1 (800) GO GUARD and we’ll hook you up. We’ve been there. We know.

I like the actor, he was on HBO's OZ, playing the sociopathic Ryan O'Reilly.

I also like the Farmer's ads, which also feature a former actor on OZ, the guy who played white supremecist Schillenger. Those ads are hilarious, where he is the teacher to the new agents, and he's creating disasters for them to deal with, like the huge lint ball he set on fire.
    Insurance companies seem to have the best advertising campaigns at the moment. Geico's various spots are pretty clever, and the Farmer's and Progressive spots aren't bad either. I also really like the deadpan guy who trashes two identical cars to demonstrate the money saved, although they need to make the company name more prominent.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!