Thread: And I Got Fired

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 And I Got Fired 
    blur256

And I Got Fired

So I posted here a few weeks ago about the crap job that I had and how they treat their employees. Today I got fired. I have never been fired in my life. They gave me $2000 in severance and said that should get me by. Thank God I got a call right after for an interview today, so fingers crossed. But the point is that I never had any training and they don't like the fact that I am gay. I am going to see a lawyer on Friday. I am the 99%, and I will rise up.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002636313

God what a bouncy....
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Well, it could be a bouncy, but blur would not be the first Dummy who lost a job by posting crap on DU. Remember the elderly woman from Vermont? She was a cook somewhere and she trashed her restaurant, mentioning non-existent earwigs. I don't have the link, but I know someone here does.

He realizes this just means employers will be less likely to hire gays in the future.

Fire a straight white guy for whatever reason (redundancy, can't work with others, always late, don't need the position, etc)... too bad for him.

Fire a person with certain minority status attributes for exactly the same reason... threat of lawsuit.

You don't have to give a reason when you refuse to hire someone... "he wasn't a good fit" is fine. If you know someone will be difficult to fire because of inclusion in some category... tendency will be not to hire people in that category because they "won't be a good fit."

How would a prospective employer know you're gay if you haven't even interviewed? And why would you even disclose your sexual deviance in an interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    How would a prospective employer know you're gay if you haven't even interviewed? And why would you even disclose your sexual deviance in an interview?
    It wasn't the interview, it was his old job. Truth be told, if this is real, he was flaunting it to everybody. Without exception, every gay person I've ever met, has brought up the fact that they are gay without being asked. You want us out of your bedrooms, leave your bedrooms at home...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    It wasn't the interview, it was his old job. Truth be told, if this is real, he was flaunting it to everybody. Without exception, every gay person I've ever met, has brought up the fact that they are gay without being asked. You want us out of your bedrooms, leave your bedrooms at home...
    OK, I read it wrong.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Several people on the DUmp are telling dumbo to shut his big mouth...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Well, blur256, since you're a DUer, the most likely reasons are because you're a whiny argumentative little bitch, or else the drug test came back positive.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Well, it could be a bouncy, but blur would not be the first Dummy who lost a job by posting crap on DU. Remember the elderly woman from Vermont? She was a cook somewhere and she trashed her restaurant, mentioning non-existent earwigs. I don't have the link, but I know someone here does.

That was an instant classic!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That was an instant classic!!!
    Do you have the link? The story was hysterical! I think DUers blamed conservatives for it. Someone apparently alerted the restaurant to the post, but the DUmmy had posted the link to her own damned workplace!