1. #1 I'm Asking For Help From CU 
    As you all know, the wife and I are trying to adopt a baby. Going through the state proved to be heart wrenching so we decided to go through an adoption agency. What I'm asking for is a little networking. If anyone knows of anyone who is pregnant or has a daughter who is pregnant and is thinking about giving the child up for adoption to please let me know and if arrangements haven't already been made, I can put them in contact with the organization I'm dealing with, if they'd like. Thanks in advance for your help.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Good luck to you and your wife.

If my wife's health had been better a few years back we would have considered adopting from China.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Not going the international route. Plenty of American babies need adopting.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    My niece is a PITA at times and I think my sis might trade her for a puppy. And they are in Jersey already!!!!
    Interested???

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Here's hoping you guys find a tax deduct...I mean kid real soon!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Are you going through a church or religious-based agency? We have a good one in Michigan, Bethany Christian Services. I'm not sure if they work outside of Michigan, though. The reason church agencies are helpful is that unwed/teen mothers who want to give up their babies out of love tend to turn to the church for help more than to the state. You get kids from us who have been abused or exposed to drugs, and forcibly taken from their parents. It's a whole different thing from someone who is not ready to be a parent, but still wants to bring a healthy baby into the world.

Catholic Social Services and the Lutheran agencies have offices nationwide, but sometimes the christian charities like I mentioned, that are not tied to a specific denomination, are the ones with the best programs for the birth parents. I know that you and your wife are the ones planning to raise the child, but a program that provides good supportive services to the birth mother is a program that cares about doing adoption right.

I think that's the best way to go. My niece was adopted when she was minutes old. Her biological mother lived with us for the last two months of her pregnancy.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I have a retired SGM who has done the foreign adoption route. I'll shoot him a request for information as to any local agencies that he's used and see what comes back. Good luck.

BTW, if you'd asked me a couple of days ago, I'd have offered you my kids.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Are you going through a church or religious-based agency? We have a good one in Michigan, Bethany Christian Services. I'm not sure if they work outside of Michigan, though. The reason church agencies are helpful is that unwed/teen mothers who want to give up their babies out of love tend to turn to the church for help more than to the state. You get kids from us who have been abused or exposed to drugs, and forcibly taken from their parents. It's a whole different thing from someone who is not ready to be a parent, but still wants to bring a healthy baby into the world.

Catholic Social Services and the Lutheran agencies have offices nationwide, but sometimes the christian charities like I mentioned, that are not tied to a specific denomination, are the ones with the best programs for the birth parents. I know that you and your wife are the ones planning to raise the child, but a program that provides good supportive services to the birth mother is a program that cares about doing adoption right.
    We're dealing with a religious based organization. They actually did our home study when we were going through DYFS so this is how we learned of them. However, the process isn't free. We're looking at a $12K price tag(paid $6K already).