1. #1 Beastie Boy "MCA" dead at 47 
    Banned
    Today is a sad day for the world of hip-hop. 1/3 of the one of the greatest (if not the greatest) hip-hop groups ever has passed. While the details on Adam “MCA” Yauch’s death are scarce we think it’s safe to assume that his long battle with cancer is the culprit.
    What does this mean for music or hip-hop? Right now. It means nothing. MCA (with Mike D and King Ad Rock) fought for our right to party, and succeeded. While the group admittedly hated their most known song and refused to play it live, it was a game changer (much like everything else in the bands decade spanning career).
    What started off as hardcore punk band between Adam and Mike Diamond (Mike D) eventually involved into one of the most influencial and important hip-hop groups ever (Only comparable to Run DMC and N.W.A.).

Rest of article at http://www.geekscape.net/mca-dead-at...arty-continues

Very sad indeed. I thought he was getting better. Always loved the Beastie Boys. I believe I'll mark this occasion by posting my fave Beasties song

I am not a fan of rap music overall.

However, Paul's Boutique is one of my favorite albums ever and I always respected a couple of white jewish boys who were one of the most innovative groups in the genre.

So Sad....
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Great song, video & memories.

Not a fan, but it's sad when someone dies young.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I am not a fan of rap music overall.
    Me neither, but I will jam out to the Beastie Boys and the Wu Tang Clan anytime, anywhere, no matter what I happen to be doing at the time