1. #1 Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson caught padding his resume 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oops!!!

By Julianne Pepitone @CNNMoneyTech May 4, 2012: 2:46 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The proxy fight between Yahoo and activist shareholder firm Third Point just got extra nasty.

Third Point came out swinging late Thursday with an allegation that Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson lied about his college degree -- and on Friday, the activist shareholder firm called for Thompson's ouster.

Bad Scotty!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I guess he'll take his 50 million dollar golden parachute and be on his way.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Could be 3 times that if he hangs in past the IPO.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

If it is true he should be booted. That's some example to set as a CEO.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I'm not an expert in corporatese, but I would guess that that is why Loeb is stressing "fired for cause". The CEO has committed fraud upon the corporation has he not? Do you get a golden parachute when you do that? Or just when you rob a corporation on its way to bankruptcy?

For a relatively young Company they sure have went through the CEO's. I think they are on their fourth or fifth already,soon to be sixth.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    For a relatively young Company they sure have went through the CEO's. I think they are on their fourth or fifth already,soon to be sixth.
    I think that people in general and Americans in particular have some primal need to throw money out the window of a speeding car. I realize that if I were smart, I'd be rich according to some, but generally when something smells like bullshit it is at least substantially made of bullshit. Yahoo, Google, and most notably Facebook seem to be estimated of a ridiculous value when you consider that they could disappear overnight without too much inconvenience to society, and be replaced tomorrow by a snap of Apple or Microsoft's fingers. At least Google has something which approaches being an essential service and technology in Android and the web they have woven into the telephone market.

Why is Yahoo even still in business? Somebody ask Jeeves to ask the people at myspace how much facebook is worth.

Myspace was founded in 2003 and was acquired by News Corporation in July 2005 for $580 million.[10] From 2005 until early 2008, Myspace was the most visited social networking site in the world, and in June 2006 surpassed Google as the most visited website in the United States.[11][12] In April 2008, Myspace was overtaken by Facebook in the number of unique worldwide visitors, and was surpassed in the number of unique U.S. visitors in May 2009.[13][14] Since then, the number of Myspace users has declined steadily in spite of several redesigns.[15] As of December 2011, Myspace was ranked 138th by total web traffic.[3]

In June 2009, Myspace employed approximately 1,600 workers.[16] Since then the company has undergone several rounds of layoffs and by June 2011, Myspace had reduced its staff to around 200.[2]

As I suspected...Scotty says "I'm sorry"

All better!!!

I am of the opinion - and in the minority, I will add - that Yahoo, Google, and Facebook are good shorts. That is, I believe they will tumble from their highs and I believe they could do so very rapidly, especially Facebook.

It would only take a few fifth grade girls to start a stampede for the door by saying, "Facebook? Seriously? Ewwww. My parents used to use Facebook."

But in the meantime whoever Yahoo wants to sit in the big office is fine with me.