1. #1 Obama campaign Launches "The LIfe of Julia" website 

MSNBC rips Obama's #Julia ad

The cast of Morning Joe blasted the Obama campaign for their new "The LIfe of Julia" website this morning. The original purpose of the ad was to show voters how Obama's policies help women throughout their lifetimes. But as pretty much every member of the show concludes, that effort backfired:

Politico's Mike Allen: "One of the things that those hundreds of young people in the Chicago headquarters do is create viral pieces of content for the web. Things that people will share. This is one that I think may be viral in the wrong way, that I think is a lot bigger on the Republican side, than it is on the Democratic side. The Life of Julia takes her from age 3 to age 67 and at every point along the way the government is giving her a hand."

MSNBC's Willie Geist: "They did lob this up as a softball for Republicans, one conservative saying, 'Who the hell is Julia and why am i paying for her whole life?'"

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough: "Who brushes her teeth?"

Mika Brzezinski: "I don't think it helps. ... I think we are at a state, time in this country where people feel that there is no hope, that they need help so desperately, but at some point we do have to inspire innovation and hope and get people on their way. ... They do need a leg up but then at some point... but their whole life, funded?"

Donnie Deutsch: "Our character is John Wayne, rugged individualism. ... Yes the government is there, but we feel weak in that. You don't feel proud in that. ... In reality, nobody, even a progressive guy like myself, wants to see America portrayed that way."

Geist: "No one wants to think that from the age of three they are going to need the government to take care of them."

WashingtonExaminer

----------------------------------------------------

Does anybody watch a MessNBC anymore?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

God bless my rep, Justin Amash. He posted this on facebook this morning:

The Life of Julia

Under President Obama: Julia's husband is detained by federal agents, who break down the door of their home in the middle of the night. Julia asks what the charges are. They reply that the President suspects her husband may be "associated" with terrorists, but no charges are required under the NDAA, which President Obama signed into law. Julia asks when he'll receive a trial. They tell her he doesn't get one under the NDAA. Julia asks when she'll get to see him again. [Silence.]
    Justin Amash

NDAA

A better life for Julia, Heritage Foundation

Julia is a fictional character in George Orwell's dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. eek!
    Last edited by Gina; 05-04-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: heritage foundation, new info
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

The parody potential for this thing is incredible. First, 3-year-old Julia starts out with massive debt. At 17, she doesn't know the basics of American history, but can put a condom on a banana, which is enough to get her into college. At 18, she is pursuing her bachelor's degree in Womyn's Studies and paying through the nose for the privilege, but that's okay, because she spends most of her time protesting with the OWS idiots. At 23, her friend has surgery, and she decides to demand free birth control. At 25, she's still protesting in a park, whining about the lack of jobs, sending out typo-ridden resumes that provide comic relief for headhunters, but not much else. At 30, she's doubled down on ignorance by going back to school for a masters' degree in gender studies. Oh, Julia's a real go-getter.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Mamas, don’t let your babies grow up to be “Julia”

I told my 11-year-old daughter about “Julia.” She had one word: “Creepy.” I’m doing my job right.

Notice, by the way, how “progressive” women are awfully quiet about the patriarchal hegemony symbolized by Obama’s faceless, dependent Julia. Cue the crickets: Chirp, chirp, chirp.

After hyperventilating for months about the Republican “war on women,” Democratic new-media gurus inadvertently have exposed the real Barack Obama: a chauvinistic control freak who would tether every last woman and child to his ever-expanding, budget-busting Nanny State.

Mamas, for the sake of your family’s freedom and our republic’s survival, don’t let your babies grow up to be “Julia.”

MichelleMalkin
    Decoding Obama's Leftist Campaign Codewords

----------------------------------------

Did you know ... “Julia” was the middle name of Karl Marx’s daughter?

Also, Julia is one of the protaganists in Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four. Her spirit is broken through torture and she learns to love Big Brother.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Also, Julia is one of the protaganists in Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four. Her spirit is broken through torture and she learns to love Big Brother.
    Julia is also made to no longer be in love with someone. She, like Winston, was(we can assume) made to give Winston up or begged for him to be tortured instead of her. In the end, the only thing she was allowed to love was Big Brother(hence, government). At the end of the book, she joins Winston at the Chestnut Tree cafe and shows nothing short of indifference to Winston as a person and only acknowledges him as a "brother" in the party. Of course, as with all dissidents, she, along with Winston, were most likely "unpersoned". This is what Obama and his ilk want.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

This is just too easy

Obama thinks women are helpless?

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    This is just too easy

Obama thinks women are helpless?
    Julia is just too stupid to do anything herself. Why women are not running from the Dem party is beyond me.
    Be Not Afraid.

If a woman can't see where the "war on women" is coming from... well, duh.

another one!

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Did you know ... “Julia” was the middle name of Karl Marx’s daughter?
    It was her middle name. For some reason, he named all of his daughters Jenny, with different middle names. I guess it saved on the costs of tombstones, as only three of his seven children survived to adulthood. Marx was notoriously incapable of caring for his family, refusing to work and living on the gifts of others, such as Frederick Engels, who had an income from his family's factories.

[QUOTE=Janice;501669Also, Julia is one of the protaganists in Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four. Her spirit is broken through torture and she learns to love Big Brother.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the Obama campaign is planning on a companion story, The Life of Winston.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!