Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Why haven't you told us rock? 
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    14,834
    There is a right way and a wrong way to pronounce .

    Oklahoma

    The Proper Way is:

    "Okla . . . Homa"


    (There's a pause between the "a" and the "h".)

    See the reason below .



    My apologies for ALL the errors in the title.

    "Why haven't you told us this Rock?"
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    52,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    There is a right way and a wrong way to pronounce .

    Oklahoma

    The Proper Way is:

    "Okla . . . Homa"


    (There's a pause between the "a" and the "h".)

    See the reason below .



    My apologies for ALL the errors in the title.

    "Why haven't you told us this Rock?"
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Drive-by Poster ABC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FL & GA
    Posts
    5,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    There is a right way and a wrong way to pronounce .

    Oklahoma

    The Proper Way is:

    "Okla . . . Homa"


    (There's a pause between the "a" and the "h".)

    See the reason below .



    My apologies for ALL the errors in the title.

    "Why haven't you told us this Rock?"
    Oh Mercy!

    You guys are still at it in here I see. Hopeless, male chauvinists ... all of you!!!

    Only reason I allowed the image to repeat, in this post, is to further "titillate" you all! ...

    Still ya anyway ... *real men,* way better than any other type out there! *Blush*

    Gotta run, am preparing pinatas for a Cinco de Mayo party am going to attend tomorrow, should not be in here at all.

    Just couldn't resist!

    ~ ABC

    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I never include the picture when I reply to a post that has a picture in it. It clogs up the thread.

    However, to not do so in this case just felt...wrong.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Drive-by Poster ABC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FL & GA
    Posts
    5,088
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I never include the picture when I reply to a post that has a picture in it. It clogs up the thread.

    However, to not do so in this case just felt...wrong.
    Oh brother ... tell me another one!

    Further PROOF of my original point, darlin' ... male chauvinist piggies in here!

    ~ ABC (running out of ribbon, anyway! Need a real break!)

    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    52,065
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I never include the picture when I reply to a post that has a picture in it. It clogs up the thread.

    However, to not do so in this case just felt...wrong.
    It's good to see you take such a firm stand!
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It's good to see you take such a firm stand!
    What can I say? I'm weak.

    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Drive-by Poster ABC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FL & GA
    Posts
    5,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It's good to see you take such a firm stand!
    Oh my!

    You mean as "firm" as those more than likely silicone injected glands are? ...

    And before you say it, yes, I am jealous, if you must know! ...

    Ha! Ha! ~ ABC and outta here!

    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    52,065
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Oh my!

    You mean as "firm" as those more than likely silicone injected glands are? ...
    We need a bounce test.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,896


    Her theme song is...





    Thanks for the Mammaries...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •