1. #1 Whole tree chipper. 
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Awriiiiight!

Big Iron! I love that stuff

Will It Shred? The Badass PRI-MAX Industrial Shredder Says ‘Yes’
    By Nathan Hurst
    Email Author
    March 15, 2012 |
    6:30 am
    We wanted to pick a badass paper shredder, one that lurks in the corner of the office and chaws down paper by the ream, mangling staples and paper clips and the occasional necktie, all without flinching. There are plenty out there to choose from, like Staples’ Drop & Go micro-cut shredder, but here at Gadget Lab, we’re interested in superlatives. Why shred 500 sheets of paper at once when you can shred, say, a VW Beetle?

Like many things you can do with a badass gadget, shredding a car in SSI’s PRI-MAX industrial shredder falls into the “not that you should, but that you could” category. The PRI-MAX is actually made to reduce waste. You can toss in debris from a demolished building by the ton, and the gnarled mixture that comes out takes up less landfill space and ships easier.

And who can be worried about details like the 700 horsepower diesel hydraulic motor and processing rates up to 150 tons per hour when SSI’s list of shredables includes wood, brick, mattresses, titanium, and whole animal carcasses?
    Video at link>http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/...-max-says-yes/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

My first thought on seeing this was that it was a good way to get rid of troublesome witnesses, my second was that watching the trees go in, I was reminded of some of the death traps from the old Batman TV show.

Question: Does the first thought make me a bad person, and does the second thought out me as a geek?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    My first thought on seeing this was that it was a good way to get rid of troublesome witnesses, my second was that watching the trees go in, I was reminded of some of the death traps from the old Batman TV show.

Question: Does the first thought make me a bad person, and does the second thought out me as a geek?
    The second one I listed will get rid of the troublesome cars too and it doesn't gum up from duct tape!

6. #6 why there are no more lumberjacks 
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    That's one reason that there are no more lumberjacks, but there is another:

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The spotted owl put the lumberjacks out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

My first thought was "Just think what the guys in Fargo could have done with this thing", so I don't think you are a bad person.