Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1 $10.65 Min Wage in IL? 
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,173
    http://illinoisissuesblog.blogspot.c...-proposed.html

    This is not new news, but first I have heard of it...

    Workers earning minimum wage in Illinois could see an increase in their paychecks under a proposal to raise the state's minimum wage from the current $8.25 per hour to $10.65 per hour by 2014.
    This includes workers that are "tipped."

    Illinois plans on killing the small business industry all together I guess.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    http://illinoisissuesblog.blogspot.c...-proposed.html

    This is not new news, but first I have heard of it...



    This includes workers that are "tipped."

    Illinois plans on killing the small business industry all together I guess.
    Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin will be extremely grateful for the jobs that will be flooding from Illinois.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin will be extremely grateful for the jobs that will be flooding from Illinois.
    Don't forget Missouri. As it is, any of the "Metro East" (people from Illinois living close to St Louis) folk get their gas in Missouri due to the high gas tax. It won't be long before the business migrates across the Mississippi.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,286
    Just make it 15.00 there is no end to what they want.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Don't forget Missouri. As it is, any of the "Metro East" (people from Illinois living close to St Louis) folk get their gas in Missouri due to the high gas tax. It won't be long before the business migrates across the Mississippi.
    It's not like ESL is a functioning entity anyway.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •