Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    As we all know the newconservatives love war. They love watching the burial cremonies at Arlington Cemetery and they also love giving hard earned American taxpayer's money to every little sleazy country in the world like Israel and Egypt.
    You're acting like a real dumbass with statements like that.
    May the FORCE be with you!

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post

We do foot our bills, and the US provides actually very little in the way of funding.

We don't give you much money but because of our large presence in the Pacific you spend less. We also develop weapon systems and turn over the technology and hardware to you. You come out real good in the deal.

Each Australian spends about $800 a year on defense and each American spends about $2000. That is the real math.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    You're acting like a real dumbass with statements like that.
    I'm with Gator on the need for us to get troops out of overseas stations, but I have to agree with you on this one. NeoCon or not, I doubt many people are so callous they "enjoy" seeing our troops die. I've seen the flag drapped coffins before the average american citizen...can't say I've seen people "enjoying" that sight. Except for assholes like the WBC and pretty much every puke living in Berkely.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Sonnabend
    We don't give you much money but because of our large presence in the Pacific you spend less
    Your "large" presence? A great deal of your "presence" is overt..a great deal of OUR presence is covert, because we spend our days and nights watching the jihadi hotbeds with agents trained to infiltrate and monitor and report.

Or the thousands in intel and operations and radar station manning..all of whom watch your back every damned day.

We also develop weapon systems and turn over the technology and hardware to you. You come out real good in the deal.
    We're the ones who make sure your space hardware works, mate...without us you are deaf dumb and blind when the satellites cross the equator. Apollo 13 made it home because WE were the lifeline that gave you 24 hr signals, we are the ones who keep your shuttles in contact, who maintain the comm lines for your aircraft worldwide..and we are the ones who supply and reprovision your ships and subs.

We provide liberty for your troops, intel and medical care, WE train your troops, and we are the experts, especially in jungle and desert warfare.

Each Australian spends about $800 a year on defense and each American spends about $2000. That is the real math.
    Ill say this again.

You can NOT compare the military spending of a nation of 21 million vs that of a nation of 300 million.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Constitution Party Platform pisses off NeoCons
    Most of us only get pissed off at things that actually affect us.

Since the Constitution Party has about as much chance of actually affecting us as the Boise Ladies Auxilliary Bridge Club you are pretty wide off the mark here.

At any rate your one trick pony act is tiresome.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    I'm with Gator on the need for us to get troops out of overseas stations, but I have to agree with you on this one. NeoCon or not, I doubt many people are so callous they "enjoy" seeing our troops die. I've seen the flag drapped coffins before the average american citizen...can't say I've seen people "enjoying" that sight. Except for assholes like the WBC and pretty much every puke living in Berkely.
    I don't think anyone enjoys it, and maybe I'm off base here, but there are those who seem to derive some sort of weird pleasure out of playing the part of the country that won't take any 'guff', and will hunker down and 'do what needs to be done'... a sort of addiction to pathological amounts of patriotism. They don't like war perse, but like most human beings, they like drama in one way or another and being part of the 'war-cause' fullfills that for them. I think there is quite a lot of that going on.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    The phrase "They love watching the burial ceremonies at Arlington Cemetery" is hyperbole referring to the fact that NeoCons don’t mind spending American lives for the security of other countries, even when it doesn’t affect the security of the US.

The thing that really pisses me off is that the NeoCons equate a brave young man dying for the security of some shitass country as dying for the freedom of America.

When Ronald Reagan sent Marines to Beirut to protect Israel many died and were buried at Arlington. They did not die for America. They died for Israel. At least Reagan finally understood that concept and withdrew them.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I don't think anyone enjoys it, and maybe I'm off base here, but there are those who seem to derive some sort of weird pleasure out of playing the part of the country that won't take any 'guff', and will hunker down and 'do what needs to be done'... a sort of addiction to pathological amounts of patriotism. They don't like war perse, but like most human beings, they like drama in one way or another and being part of the 'war-cause' fullfills that for them. I think there is quite a lot of that going on.
    Oh absolutely, I don't doubt that for a second. Especially us in the Military, Marines in particular. It's heartbreaking to lose close friends and fellow servicemen. But I know without a shadow of doubt that every redblooded Marine gets a hard-on watching combat footage where we're demolishing these dirty nightshirt bastards, and I know I'm not the only one. It's disgusting to see that hardcharging, pull no punches leaders like Patton would never last today because of this PC garbage.

Remember what happened when General Mattis said "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight."? He was panned by every MSM in the nation and the own Commandant of the Marine Corps was forced to say "General Mattis should have choosen his words more carefully."

Take that mini-series "Generation Kill" for example. Some people thought it disparaged our troops. Marines for the most part loved it. We all identify with the loss, the confusion, the dumbass leadership of some officers and it's motivating to see Marines get some...even when it's just a Tv show. I know the military isn't the ONLY group in this country that takes just a little bit of excitement out of seeing us kick some ass. It's like rooting for your favorite team and they have a winning season, just in our case it's life or death and there's no restart button.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Sonnabend
    don’t mind spending American lives for the security of other countries, even when it doesn’t affect the security of the US.
    ..and just how do you know what does, and what does not, affect the security of the US?

What lodestone do you use to determine that fact? How can you possibly be aware of every contingency and situation that results?

Example: a battle in Mogadishu..three Marines killed in an operation that seemingly has no security benefit...yet what you don't know, and others do, is that the dead terrs may have been part of a plan to bomb a base and kill 100 Marines.

All you know is what's in the news...and unless you have black card clearance and are better briefed than the President, it is impossible for you TO know. I dont know either...so what makes you so damned omniscient?

It is impossible for you...and I..to know every possible permutation. So how do you know what is, and is not, in the national interest?

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    ..and just how do you know what does, and what does not, affect the security of the US?

What lodestone do you use to determine that fact? How can you possibly be aware of every contingency and situation that results?

Example: a battle in Mogadishu..three Marines killed in an operation that seemingly has no security benefit...yet what you don't know, and others do, is that the dead terrs may have been part of a plan to bomb a base and kill 100 Marines.

All you know is what's in the news...and unless you have black card clearance and are better briefed than the President, it is impossible for you TO know. I dont know either...so what makes you so damned omniscient?

It is impossible for you...and I..to know every possible permutation. So how do you know what is, and is not, in the national interest?
    If you are going post on this thread about American politics stop being a friggin moron.