Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I actually don't mind war. I volunteered for one once when I could have stayed home and gone to college at Florida State and screwed pretty coeds. Wars for the right reasons are fine as far as I am concerned.

My point is that there never would have been a war on terror for the United States had we mind our own business in the Middle East for the last 40 years. Arming and supporting a country like Israel has caused us more grief than is imaginable and it was immoral for us to do so given their record of brutality. If we are going to get a billion people pissed at us it needs to be for the right reasons. Making sure that the Israelis live well is not a good reason in my opinion.
    In other words, it's all the fault of the Joooooooooooooooooooooooos. One would think that having this BS blown out of the water time and time again would give you pause, but you keep repeating it. Give it a rest, Gator.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I actually don't mind war. I volunteered for one once when I could have stayed home and gone to college at Florida State and screwed pretty coeds. Wars for the right reasons are fine as far as I am concerned.

My point is that there never would have been a war on terror for the United States had we mind our own business in the Middle East for the last 40 years. Arming and supporting a country like Israel has caused us more grief than is imaginable and it was immoral for us to do so given their record of brutality. If we are going to get a billion people pissed at us it needs to be for the right reasons. Making sure that the Israelis live well is not a good reason in my opinion.
    Looking backward or arguing whether intervention in the M.E. was the right thing to do is not going to do us any good. Muslim extremist want world domination and there is nothing we can do to change that. We could pull all troops and equipment out, quit funding Israel and the militant bastards would not hate us or want to kill us any less; I don't think it would make one iota of a difference. The problem as I see it is what are we going to do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    What you can not get thru your skull is that I am not interested in the past. I am interested in the future. I don't care about non issues like Liberman; Palin is the VP. So go blow smoke elsewhere.
    Then quit talking about the last 8 years under Bush and how your safer if the past doesn't concern you.
    My point is very relevant to what you said. You don't have to explain how it's different...I already know the answer.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    In other words, it's all the fault of the Joooooooooooooooooooooooos.
    There are plenty of good Jews.....like all people, there are bad eggs everywhere. There are some very bad people involved with the Bush administration that are not Jewish and then there are some that are involved in the same circles that are.
    It's no different with us Christians that get me called dirty names because those few make us all look like fascists who wish to impose our will on the whole country.
    I'm a Christian...I like to study the history of my religion...I understand that my religion's legacy rests on Jewish principles....so I find that it's a good idea to sometimes observe, even though my religion doesn't require it, things like the Seder before Passover. Not because I have too but because I appreciate the legacy.
    You're going to have to trust that some don't hate Jews, but we recognize the problem with the Jewish lobby driving our foreign policy.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Then quit talking about the last 8 years under Bush and how your safer if the past doesn't concern you.
    My point is very relevant to what you said. You don't have to explain how it's different...I already know the answer.
    I think we are safer now than before 9/11. You keep bringing stupid shit up like Liberman and FDR. My #1 concern is that McCain will promote and advance the policies of the Bush Admn. in keeping the country safer than an idiot like Obama. That is why I will vote for him. That should not be too hard for you to comprehend.

Vote for whomever you want to. Plus, the Constitution party pisses off only those in your dreams. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    In other words, it's all the fault of the Joooooooooooooooooooooooos. One would think that having this BS blown out of the water time and time again would give you pause, but you keep repeating it. Give it a rest, Gator.
    You just made a hell of a reach there, and I am going to take issue with it, not, I might add, for the first time.

He said Israel.

He did not say Jews.

Let's not get the one confused with the other, like we so often do on CU.

I think we are safer now than before 9/11. You keep bringing stupid shit up like Liberman and FDR. My #1 concern is that McCain will promote and advance the policies of the Bush Admn. in keeping the country safer than an idiot like Obama. That is why I will vote for him. That should not be too hard for you to comprehend.

Vote for whomever you want to. Plus, the Constitution party pisses off only those in your dreams. :eek:
    That was only to point out that I think McCain is no different than Joe and that FDR "tried" to fix the depression and made it worse. You know you said Bushy is "trying". It was 19 guys with box cutters and it doesn't matter if it's Bushy or Santa Claus...What is needed is someone who will listen to the intelligence community when they say....as they did for nearly 8 years....

Hey!!!!...We got some illegal problems and some of them aren't just Mexicans!!!!

Hey!!!!....There's nineteen Arab guys taking flying lesson's in Florida and they don't care about how to land!!!!

Hey!!!.....Osama Bin Laden is dangerous and says he wants to kill American's on their own soil!!!

I don't think the Constitution party platform pisses anyone off unless it get's tracks, which is doubtful since most voters have already made their non choice for this year again.

I also find it hard to stomach that people find it alarming that the constitution be followed.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    You just made a hell of a reach there, and I am going to take issue with it, not, I might add, for the first time.

He said Israel.

He did not say Jews.

Let's not get the one confused with the other, like we so often do on CU.

You explained my point much more succinctly. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    You explained my point much more succinctly. Thank you.
    You are welcome, I'm glad that at least one CUer gets it. And I will also say that you make your points well, and so I thank you for that, too.

I think this is an excellent thread. It has raised some serious issues that are long overdue for discussion.

gator
    Looking backward or arguing whether intervention in the M.E. was the right thing to do is not going to do us any good. Muslim extremist want world domination and there is nothing we can do to change that. We could pull all troops and equipment out, quit funding Israel and the militant bastards would not hate us or want to kill us any less; I don't think it would make one iota of a difference. The problem as I see it is what are we going to do in the future.
    I don't think you have it quite right.

The Muslims are telling us to stay out of their business. They have been doing it ever since the 1970s. This rhetoric about Muslim world domination is no more valid than Christian world domination or the Zionist movement. However, spouting that bullshit it is a very convenient way to take the blame off of our interventionist stupidity.

As long as we are saying really dumb things like “we need to kill the Muslims before they kill us” we don’t have to think about the real reason we are at war with them. We don’t have to face the moral dilemma of acknowledging that we got in this mess by the arming of a brutal apartheid country that is at war with the Muslims.

The Muslims are laying their equivalent of the Monroe doctrine in the Middle East. They are saying leave us alone and we are too stupid to listen to them. We wouldn’t stand for them coming to our sphere of influence and arming our neighbors against us any more than they stand for us doing the same thing.

If it was vital to our security to fight the bastards then so be it. If we were fighting for oil I could understand it. However, we are not fighting for anything other than the security of Israel and that is not a good enough reason. The Soviets are long gone and we pretty well drew the line in the sand with screwing around with our oil.

As far as terrorism goes nowadays we have made that bed by siding with the Israelis and now we are going to have to deal with it. Unless we are willing to kill a billion people we are going to have to live with that threat for a long time. We can continue to fight them until the cows come home or we can do the smart thing and withdraw from the business of entanglements in the Middle East.

We need to smarten up and stop doing stupid things. In the past we were rich enough to always be able to pay for our stupidity. Nowadays it is starting to bankrupt us and we need to be smarter. One of the smartest things we can do is finish the missions in Iraq and Afghanistan and then get out of the business of supporting any Middle East country. We may have to be prepared to kick some ass in the future if the oil situation gets out of hand but otherwise mind our own business. That will provide the real security for us in the long run.