1. #1 4 Years Later, Race Is Still Issue for Some Voters 
    kpete

4 Years Later, Race Is Still Issue for Some Voters

4 Years Later, Race Is Still Issue for Some Voters

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio — This is the land of die-hard Democrats — mill workers, coal miners and union members. They have voted party line for generations, forming a reliable constituency for just about any Democrat who decides to run for office.

But when it comes to President Obama, a small part of this constituency balks.

“Certain precincts in this county are not going to vote for Obama,” said John Corrigan, clerk of courts for Jefferson County, who was drinking coffee in a furniture shop downtown one morning last week with a small group of friends, retired judges and civil servants. “I don’t want to say it, but we all know why.”

A retired state employee, Jason Foreman, interjected, “I’ll say it: it’s because he’s black.”

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/04/us...me-voters.html
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014113219

It's because these dumbasses CHOOSE to make race an issue. And of course the dummies will play this up thinking that all white people are racist. Let me add one more thing:It's the blacks and liberals that make it an issue.
    Last edited by aka:PBS; 05-06-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

It certainly is, especially for 95% of the Black voters, theDemocrat rhetoric and pandering is pretty shamelessly obvious on that. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    It's an issue and it's worse. I don't think i've ever seen 'race relations' in such a mess. More chance of violence in any venue. and openly encouraged. This presidebt and his admin bear a huge part of the responsibility for it.

The first thing I noticed about this DU OP quoting the NYT is that they want me to believe that the people quoted were just randomly talking about Obama being black (shh!) but it's more believable that someone asked them about it. Way to portray whites as sitting around dissing blacks.

Next:
    For nearly three and a half years, a black family has occupied the White House, and much of the time what has been most remarkable about that fact is how unremarkable it has become to the country. While Mr. Obama will always be known to the history books as the country’s first black president, his mixed-race heritage has only rarely surfaced in visible and explicit ways amid the tumult of a deep recession, two wars and shifting political currents.

But as Mr. Obama braces for what most signs suggest will be a close re-election battle, race remains a powerful factor among a small minority of voters — especially, research suggests, those in economically distressed regions with high proportions of white working-class residents, like this one.
    The times article says two different things within two paragraphs. Of course white people (who Obama couldn't have won without) are a "small minority" but durn racist, and the times is making sure that everyone knows that if he loses, it's because of that. Nevermind the tumult.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

They're right. Race is an issue. With blacks that is: "I voted for Obama because he's black." And let's not forget those Obama bucks guys:
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.