Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Are there any Jews in Greece? They better get the hell outta there.

    First, the Muslim Brotherhood. Now, the Neo-Nazis. Jews in Greece have to be thinking "WTF, are you shitting me".
    There are not too many Jews in Greece. The Nazis had several years in which to deport Jews from Greece when they occupied the country.

    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Germany will finally conquer Europe. Without firing a shot this time.
    And while Germany conquers Europe, Islam will conquer Germany from within. The irony abounds.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And while Germany conquers Europe, Islam will conquer Germany from within. The irony abounds.
    Islam is taking hold in Germany? Despite their attempted bravado France is not long for this world, Spain isn't too far behind and Britain will go kicking and screaming, just didn't think Germany was giving in so easily.

    Give 'em hell Poland.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Germany will finally conquer Europe. Without firing a shot this time.
    They already did. Now they are just irritated that they have to pay for it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,237
    Can any one say Irony?

    Via Beltway Confidential:
    President Obama’s spokesman warned the new socialist president-elect of France not to implement his campaign agenda of ending austerity measures, indicating that such a reversal could damage the world economy.


    A balanced approach . . . Both fiscal consolidation and efforts to boost the recovery is the right approach for Europe,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters today. “That’s an approach that he thinks ensures that the recovery continues while putting our fiscal house in order.”
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Can any one say Irony?

    Via Beltway Confidential:
    President Obama’s spokesman warned the new socialist president-elect of France not to implement his campaign agenda of ending austerity measures, indicating that such a reversal could damage the world economy.


    A balanced approach . . . Both fiscal consolidation and efforts to boost the recovery is the right approach for Europe,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters today. “That’s an approach that he thinks ensures that the recovery continues while putting our fiscal house in order.”
    That's really sickening.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    They already did. Now they are just irritated that they have to pay for it.
    No, they're already paying for it. Now they want an accounting and some reductions in spending.

    The Euro never made sense. The various European economies are incompatible with each other, and without a single, central budget authority, this was bound to happen sooner or later. The issue for the US is whether NATO will continue with the various member states at each other's throats over economic issues.

    The Greek elections have resulted in another stalemate, with no one able to form a government (and the Neo-Nazi party taking 7% of the vote, which means that they will have seats in parliament for the first time ever). France's vote is basically a temper tantrum over having to pay bills that they never thought would come due, and is also a slap at Brussels, which needs the larger economies to cover the failures of the smaller ones. The real question is whether Germany will remain part of this fiasco, now that France has abrogated its role as one of the two adults in the room.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,775
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Holy Shit.

    Oh well, I never wanted to go there anyway. Too many old buildings...
    Or to quote a friend of mine, on a TDY trip to Germany years ago: "Museum? What do I wanna go to that for, we got museums in Brooklyn."

    Based on what Hollande is promising, this can't possibly end well for France or the Euro. In a painful way even for them, it does advance Germany's ambition to be the dominant Central European power. Effects on us are pretty unpredictable, but certain to strengthen the dollar in the short and mid-term which is good for some of us and bad for others.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    950
    France has almost no choice but to fall to islam. All of Europe will be at war within a short time. France will refuse to cut their bloated government and demand that Germany continue its support. Germany will refuse.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The real question is whether Germany will remain part of this fiasco, now that France has abrogated its role as one of the two adults in the room.
    I highly doubt they will. Germany is now starting to feel the recession them selves. On top of that, many Germans don't feel its their responsibility to bail out all of Europe. A Germans first mentality. Which I can't blame them. If France backs out and dumps this all in Germany's lap. Germany will have no choice but to walk away. They can't float all of Europe, and wont if the others refuse to do what they need to in order to get solvent.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, they're already paying for it. Now they want an accounting and some reductions in spending.

    The Euro never made sense. The various European economies are incompatible with each other, and without a single, central budget authority, this was bound to happen sooner or later. The issue for the US is whether NATO will continue with the various member states at each other's throats over economic issues.
    agreed. I've read articles about how various countries such as Germany had started getting fed up about all the new workers from other countries coming in pulling down wages for the citizens as they had to let them in due to the treaties.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •