Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    When we went on vacation the wife hated me . I would search out truck stops or places with a few trucks in the lot or nearby. when you're on the road a lot you don't stop at places that serve crappy food.
    Where does she want to eat?

It appears to me from personal experiences that the whole drivel runs off of the attention deprived need for constant entertainment. No one need to entertain themselves, Here, mama will get it for you.

I have no problem with multiple screens showing 3-4 different sports venues in those places which want to think of themselves as 'sports bars' or the multiple children's show in venues that cater to very young families - I do not partake at either place.

The background 'musak' phase that started when I was much younger has now gotten so overbearing as to become an automatic turning around and leaving before the greeter even gets to me. If there is a question on their face I simply place my hands over my ears and keep walking.

I love to eat out but just flat refuse to be put out by any business idea of entertaining me unless they happen to be a dinner theater.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I prefer restaurants without televisions.
    Yeah, I don't recall televisons in Burger King.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

I don't get it. Are people so used to constant noise and "entertainment" that they have to have television sets wherever they go?
    Seems that way. Some people even have to have the background noise of TV when they go to sleep. All night. The first I noticed this is when we had company over to spend the night. Now we have a TV but its just decoration. Its not connected to anything. So we had to substitute a computer running tv stuff all night. I understand perhaps a radio running in the background but I am no fan of TV.

Its annoying to me... but some people are apparently raised this way now. What really irks me is that stupid "music" they play in the grocery and department stores. Some of it... not all of it. Some of the garbage has no soul. No class. No imagination. So why force this drivel on the rest of us? Talk about torture and abuse.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah, I don't recall televisons in Burger King.
    lol BURN

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I prefer restaurants without televisions.
    Both ladies in this thread dont like to watch TV when they eat, ok got it.

This was just a pancake house and not Le Bec-Fin. Having the news or sports news on isn't horrible(no sound on any, just closed captioning). Also, the point of the thread was to mock the DUmmies who fly into fits of rage when presented with a TV in an establishment who dares show Fox News. I do need to point out that so far my dining experiences, outside of the pancakes, has been less than inspiring so far. Even spent $90 at Phillips Seafood House and came away feeling ripped off. So far Ocean City, NJ has it all over this Ocean City.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I do enjoy Fox News in the bars and restaurants. Esp if they use the closed caption feature w/sound off.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Wouldn't this be an anti-bouncy?
    No. You didn't start it off with the obligatory "So..."
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Both ladies in this thread dont like to watch TV when they eat, ok got it.
    When I am at home, I will watch TV while eating. I have control of the TV in my home and the noise level in my house. I will even watch TV while eating at home with one other person, where we can control the volume, and mute it when we want to talk to each other. There is a huge difference between that and trying to eat dinner in a room with 50 people and four television sets. As someone else noted: if you want to go to a bar and watch TV that's fine, it's part of their marketing. But a restaurant is not a bar.

My family went to dinner several times while my aunt and cousin were visiting last month. The outdoor restaurant at Pass A Grille had some jackass playing Jimmy Buffet music so loud that people were having to shout to be heard by the person across the table. Since when did the ambient noises of the beach cease to be the proper background for enjoyment there? And while we are on the subject, when you have lugged all of your stuff to the beach and set up for a nice day, do you like it when someone plops down next to you and turns on a ghetto blaster playing frantic or offensive music?

We went to dinner on the waterfront in downtown St Pete. Skipped the patio restaurant, because they had a loud obnoxious Jimmy Buffet impersonator playing. Went upstairs to the nicer place, and the music up there was unbearably loud as well. How much do you have to spend to eat in a restaurant that doesn't let teenagers decide the volume level?