Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1 State’s junk food ban could take bite out of school fundraisers 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    430
    State’s junk food ban could take bite out of school fundraisers
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...ome&position=0

    Welcome to the Nanny State. Ban bake sales because of obesity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,416
    Soon the schools will be teaching Beginning Bulimia and Advanced Anorexia instead of history and math.
    Oh well...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Unintended consequences.. Although maybe not. Just raise taxes and kids won't have to have fundraisers!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,918
    That website is suffering from the DT's. Anyone else see it?
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,918
    But state officials are pushing schools to expand the ban 24/7 to include evening, weekend and community events such as banquets, door-to-door candy sales and football games.

    The Departments of Public Health and Education contend clearing tables of even whole milk and white bread is necessary...
    The entire thing is out of control. It's just out of control. Who the hell are these people that think I need to be protected from myself? Seriously, who are they? Go away. I don't even know if they're D's or R's. Just go the hell away. Damn.

    You want to protect me? Fine. Protect me from Bin Laden, Manson and Higher Taxes. The last guy is truly evil.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Soon the schools will be teaching Beginning Bulimia and Advanced Anorexia instead of history and math.
    Oh well...
    They can combine it with condom studies. After they finish putting the condom on the banana, they can eat the banana and then regurgitate it. Throw in some baby birds to receive the upchuck and they can get zoology credit, too.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    950
    The government is shifting the war on obesity from personal decisions to government control. People just aren't making the right decisions.

    http://news.yahoo.com/obesity-fight-...5--sector.html

    The public just can't be trusted to make these decisions for themselves.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    They can combine it with condom studies. After they finish putting the condom on the banana, they can eat the banana and then regurgitate it. Throw in some baby birds to receive the upchuck and they can get zoology credit, too.
    Ewww. But that is funny. Gross, but funny!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,458
    The people of MA can vote to get rid of the politicians who are behind this and choose not to do so.


    I'm just waiting in Michigan for our republican governor to put regular pop machines back in the rest areas on the freeways. Granholm replaced all the coke/pepsi machines with machines that sold bottled water and juice, although the old coke/pepsi machines sold water, too. I guess it's good business for the gas stations at the exits, but I like the rest areas when I travel, because they always have dog walking areas.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The people of MA can vote to get rid of the politicians who are behind this and choose not to do so.


    I'm just waiting in Michigan for our republican governor to put regular pop machines back in the rest areas on the freeways. Granholm replaced all the coke/pepsi machines with machines that sold bottled water and juice, although the old coke/pepsi machines sold water, too. I guess it's good business for the gas stations at the exits, but I like the rest areas when I travel, because they always have dog walking areas.
    Snyder is pretty moderate, I don't see him doing that.
    Link

    Lots of liberals think he's ok so that should give one pause.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •